Thread: 2023 BMW M440i Issues, concerns, and questions

My Cars
    2023 BMW M440I G26

2023 BMW M440i Issues, concerns, and questions

So, I am new to the forum, and I just recently took delivery to a 2023 BMW M440i. I am new to the BMW community and had a couple opener questions if anyone is willing to steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

BMW Connected drive- The car is a US Spec model however I have taken delivery in Germany (US Diplomatic Sales). I have been able to get connected drive paired to my phone following the guidelines of emailing the electronic user agreement and warranty validation, but so far, the only apps that show up in the car are BMW assistant and notes. I should have paid apps such as drive recorder and others, but so far they have not shown up. I have talked to BMW reps, and they said even though the built-in sim card is US Spec, it has roaming capability for Germany but so far nothing works.

BMW Drivers Professional Package- Everything works as advertised except for the Auto Lane Change assist when in "auto pilot". I read somewhere that it does not work in Germany due to regulations of the sensors, just trying to find out if anyone else has the same issue.

Maps- So this is my big one for now. I was given the option to preload maps to the car and I chose US maps so I wouldn't have to pay the dealer fee to change them when I went back to the states. However now that I am in Germany for the next couple years, my goal is to get the European maps loaded. I obviously could always just suck it up and pay the hefty dealer fee, but was wondering with the G26 version of maps "Live Maps" is there a way to download and update them yourself, and for my follow-on question, do the "Live Map" format of maps still operate off of an FSC Code? I have looked at several websites offering FSC Codes, but most of them appear to be for F Model BMWs and previous, and NEXT/MOVE/ETC map types. Also, because I know someone will just tell me to use carplay/android auto, I want the BMW version of the maps to have a more complete HUD (Understandably dumb, I just want the functionality)

Bimmercode/ESYS Last up is coding for the car. I have already started toying around with Bimmercode and coding things like liftgate from the keyfob and seatbelt reminder gong, but now I am thinking about starting to dive into ESYS. Just looking for general tips on what the first thing people code into or out of their cars are. I am new to the process, and just looking for handy tips to what these programs can offer.

Either way thanks for reading, anyone that can provide any insight to the topics above is owed one cold beer from me. So far I very much like the car, I just cant help but want the full functions of all the features.

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Welcome to the Forum!

The connect drive will have to be activated in the States to get the complete experience that I know of. Just like you will need a U.S. phone number to some of the stuff to activate.

As for the Maps, you can have a local dealership load them, I for one would stay away from J.B. Lell in Amberg, bunch of rip-off artist. The Dealership in Pressath is decent, and J.B. Lell in Weiden is pretty good IMHO. I think you can download them thru the connect drive too with a live update, but don't quote me on that one. I have a "F" type of car so I can just use a thumb drive to update my maps.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    BMW x5 G05 45e
    Is there are any sulution here ?

Please advise