Thread: What is the best time of the year to buy a Z3

My Cars
    Z3

What is the best time of the year to buy a Z3

In your opinion what time of year the best to buy a Z3..... I live in the Northeast.... I'm being told that between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a good time?

Probably looking for a 2000-2002 3.0 or M series

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    That sounds reasonable. Any time that the weather doesn't permit top down driving is usually when you get the best deals.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    02 Z3, 20 Porsche Macan
    I bought my 2002 new on 26 Dec. It just rolled off the BMW car carrier. When I spoke with the salesman he said that, from experience, it would sit on the lot until the weather was nice enough to drive it with the top down. Worked out a good deal and drove it home. 4WD sells for a premium in winter, convertibles not so much.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Right now is a great time of year--end of the season so no convertible premium, but you can still drive it home. IMHO these are not cars to be driven in inclement weather, and ideally have never/will never see snow. Also the prices just keep going up, so now is also the when they are cheapest going forward. FWIW, late fall 2010 was probably the very best time to buy one in terms of price curve.

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    Many people drive their Z cars all year long, even in the snow. Just need a good set of snow tires. I don't usually drive mine in the snow, because I don't have snow tires for it, but I have been caught in snow (in the M Roadster) a couple of times and was able to (safely) get to where I was going even on summer performance tires.
    Last edited by khammack; 09-20-2022 at 09:44 AM.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    '02 BMW Z3 2.5
    Any time of year you find a decent one. Had mine nearly 20 years, purchased end of January.

My Cars
    2001 M ROADSTER
    I don't have snow tires for it, but I have been caught in snow (in the M Roadster) a couple of times and ........
    I was Denver bound, should have hoteled it I Grand Junction, only 250 miles from home. I can make it. Spring time in the Rockies. Clear skies turned to snow on Vail Pass where I did 360's stopping in middle of I70 unharmed. Had traction and not stuck. Road turned wet into Silver Thorne before the 3000 foot climb over 8 miles to 11,000 tunnels. If ya ever been east bound I70 up that climb.... It was a wild 8 miles of drifting in the 98 M before the calm of the 2 mile Eisenhower Tunnel. Once exiting the tunnel, another slip sliding away to Georgetown before the interstate was only wet. I was never so glad to sleep in my own bed that late night. I awoke to a foot of fresh snow in west Denver...... Made it home again😁 in and on the BMW's..... Darn, I sold the bike