Thread: Hardtop for E36 Convertible - Red - $1,500 obo - Local pickup SF Bay Area.

My Cars
    '99 328i Convert w M-Pkg

Hardtop for E36 Convertible - Red - $1,500 obo - Local pickup SF Bay Area.

I had a low mileage red 318i convertible in 2010 which was totaled in late 2011. I saved the almost perfect top and have been moving it around between houses storage units since then. It is in overall good condition, but it has some new scrapes/scratches in a couple of places. To be 100% perfect again it would need a re-paint and a fresh headliner. That said, it is perfectly usable and doesn't look bad visually on the car. I had the factory mounting kit, but it was lost in moving.

I have a handwritten note to myself that says it is Red (314), but we would have to confirm to be sure. If repaint is in the works, that won't matter, of course.
    I have the VIN numbers of two cars I know it matched , so should be able to derive it and post it here. I am slightly color blind, so photo matching by me is ill advised.

It is time for it to go to another E36 convertible owner. I love driving mostly with the top down, but as others have said so well in these forums, the E36 becomes a completely different and more friendly, dry, and quiet automobile in inclement weather with a hard top on. My ' primary passenger' has declared this to me repeatedly. <grin>

There are a couple scratches in the top near the center which are about 10 inches long and go through the paint in a couple places , and several smallish scratches a several places. It has a sagging headliner which is unglued on several edges but it is still perfectly usable .
    I have it temporarily mounted on my Fern Green 99 E36 convert for cleanup, ,test driving, and more photos.
    I am asking $1,500 or best offer, buyer must pick up or have it picked up for shipping from just north of San Francisco.

I am bumbling along getting this ad up, but have numerous photos and will attempt upload here, or can forward on inquiry.
    Please PM me if you have further questions or want pics sent to you directly. .
    Thanks,
    Bob

Google Photos - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...dIRUZ2U0lDUml3
    Last edited by MicroAcres; 09-10-2022 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Attempt to add pics.

My Cars
    '99 328i Convert w M-Pkg

Hardtop Price Drop to $1,100

Alot of views and no replies. So, as Randy Newman once said, "Maybe I'm doing it wrong."
    Price drop on red E36 hardtop in San Francisco area. I need to clear out one storage unit before I go overseas for a while.
    I am lowering the price to $1,100. No mounting kit, so remember you'll need that, too @$400-ish new.

PM me for more info or pictures. Pick up only.
    I still can't find the function/button to 'attach ' pics, so see my Google photos link above if you are able .

Thanks,
    Bob

My Cars
    e36 323ic x e36 328is
    Hi i am interested i think my pm went through hope i hear back from ya

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i Convertibl
    Is this still available? I would like to buy.

My Cars
    1997 318ic

long shot

Quote Originally Posted by MicroAcres View Post
    Alot of views and no replies. So, as Randy Newman once said, "Maybe I'm doing it wrong."
    Price drop on red E36 hardtop in San Francisco area. I need to clear out one storage unit before I go overseas for a while.
    I am lowering the price to $1,100. No mounting kit, so remember you'll need that, too @$400-ish new.

PM me for more info or pictures. Pick up only.
    I still can't find the function/button to 'attach ' pics, so see my Google photos link above if you are able .

Thanks,
    Bob
    Hey Bob....is the hard top still around?....doesn't say sold.

William