Thread: BMW 2 - Issue with Front wipers

My Cars
    BMW 2 F45

BMW 2 - Issue with Front wipers

Good day. This is my first post on this forum so let me say hello first.
    For several days I have been struggling with the problem of non-working front wipers on my BMW 2 F45.
    I have already bought the car with the front wipers not working.Context:- the front wipers do not work. After attempting to start, the message "Wipers will stop working soon" appears on the screen. Regardless of the speed chosen, it does not start.
    - the windshield washer is working
    - rear wiper and washer work-
    I have 3 errors on my computer:
    1.804290 - Open circut or short to ground or positive in wiring of reset contact for windscreen wiper (disappears after manual movement of the wipers)
    2.804281 - Wiper slow: The fault code is logged when a short to ground or B + or an open circut is detected in respective switch position (wipers slow / fast). No indervoltage KL30L 1 / KL 30L 2 detected
    3.804283 - Wiper fast: The fault code is logged when a short to ground or B + or an open circut is detected in respective switch position (wipers slow / fast). No indervoltage KL30L 1 / KL 30L 2 detected

What I did:
    - I checked the fuses. numbers 62 and 14 (the one on BDC) - they are ok
    - I checked the wires connecting the BDC and the wiper motor, there is a connection. There seems to be no short circuit to either plus or ground
    - I checked the BDC board. No water damage, no damage visible. The relay in BDC works properly when connected directly to 12v. hear a click.
    - I checked the relays behind the wiper compartment. They work ok. After connecting directly to 12V- hear a click.
    - the error in the computer also appears after disconnecting the cube from the wiper motor
    - there is 12V on the "reset" pin to the wiper motor
    - there is no voltage on the fast / slow pins
    Please help. I don't know what to do next. I know that the service will probably fix it, but I would like to do it, I will check everything myself.
    I will be very grateful for any hint.
    It seems to me that the BDC is damaged physically or programmatically
    Last edited by mercii; 08-31-2022 at 06:04 AM.