Thread: Drilled and double locked fun

My Cars
    1990 535/5

Drilled and double locked fun

Some asshole drilled the drivers key cylinder last week and has apparently activated the dreaded double lock/deadbolt.

I have sourced a new lock barrel and rebuilt it to fit my existing key, but having trouble making a plan of attack to Un-double lock the vehicle.

Anyone know if the passenger door is supposed to have double lock (or double UN-lock) capabilities?

Anybody have any bright ideas for me?

My Cars
    1990 535/5
    Must have a bit of that old BMW magic left her.

Followed the advice in the following thread https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-without-a-key

...Found two thin white wires with no stripe. Used both as my ground since the first didn't have the desired result. No dice. Finally I threw my hands up and figured I was going to have to remove the door panels (fairly pristine '95 MY replacements) with the doors still shut.

For some reason unbeknownst to me, I tried to activate the passenger "emergency unlock" 1 more time, and all of the doors unlocked like there was never an issue. Dunno, but I'll take it

Possibly the disconnecting and subsequent reconnecting of the battery reset something and allowed the passenger door to join in the game once again.?

Now I get to pull the door panel with the door in a much preferred position, and wrestle that damn door handle/latch "octopus" out of the drivers door once again (my least favorite maintenance item I've had the pleasure to undertake), and rebuild the damn lock mechanism... once again.

I better have another beer. Of course I shall pour some out for the BMW gods as well.