Thread: 82' E23 - Urgent! Need help with the horn and fuel gauge

My Cars
    82' BMW E23 728i

82' E23 - Urgent! Need help with the horn and fuel gauge

Hello everyone!
    Basically what the title says, I need help locating/debugging the horn cables or the horn itself (perhaps, first, how to test the horn) because I have an appointment for the VTV next tuesday (in Argentina, it's the required technical revision to be able to drive the car) and the only thing left for this is the horn.
    The horn it's not working, not sure if it's disconnected, or the cables that goes from the steering wheel to the horn relay is not connected, or the horn itself it's damaged. In the worst of the cases I'll try to get a generic one for the revision.
    So my questions are:
    - How can I check if the horn itself it's working?
    - Assuming it's working, how can I locate the cables that goes from the steering wheel to the horn relay in the fusebox?

Thanks in advance!

Less important: My fuel gauge is always showing full (which I know it isn't the case, it has like 40lts right now), how can I start troubleshooting this? Also, the "empty tank" light is always on. If you could give me a hand with this, it'll be great!

Again, thanks everyone!!

- - - Updated - - -

One small thing I forgot: The temperature gauge is also showing always zero, like, completely cold. I've been driving for two hours and still, any thoughts?

My Cars
    1984 733I
    you can test the horn by simply finding it. there are a couple on these cars but the main one is in the front by the headlight buckets I think. To test it take a wire from the positive on a battery and touch one lead and ground a wire from the other. It should blow.

Then you can case the wires to see what your problem might be after you know it works. The fuel level sending unit is under a cover in the trunk in the fuel pump housing. There are 4 nuts on the housing. remove them and you can pull the unit out and replace it or test it.

The temp gauge gets its signal from a sensor on top of the thermostat housing. depending on what year you have there are 3 or 4 sensors on there. I ordered replacements of each sensor at this point so I dont remember which one it was but im pretty sure there are diagrams out there somewhere that I used to figure it out.