Hello guys, this is my first time ever posting in a forum because I got desperate
I had a problem where my top stopped halfway and would not move any more, I have a fully automatic top that has been working since I bought the vehicle.
I released the motors by the lever under the back seats and re-engaged them, I did the re-sync steps for the top and held the top button while ignition on 2 and the car off and the lid for the convertible went a bit down and then opened but the actual top won't make a sound or move an inch as if nothing was happening. The lid will close and open with the button and works fine but I'm exhausted trying to figure what's going on with the top.
I am positive I re-engaged both motors, now I have no idea how to tell if maybe the top motor is dead or how to tell, I also don't know what else to look at for diagnoses since I've been searching this for days and can't find anyone that went through the same situation where the lid works only.
Please any help will be greatly appreciated, my first ever car I've been working on.