Thread: Can you identify this wing on an e36 M3?

My Cars
    1995 US e36 M3 Coupe

Can you identify this wing on an e36 M3?

Can you identify this wing? I found the image online -- not my car. Unfortunately I have no better angles on it, from the top, etc. It looks like the bottom half of a GT wing ... sort of.

low wing e36 m3.jpeg
    Last edited by 35nhma; 08-09-2022 at 08:27 AM.

[ US spec 10/1995 e36 m3 ]

My Cars
    1997 m3 4dr - e28.....
    that appears to be only the lower section of a oem ltw/gt spoiler. since it dosnt show the top id assume it is the oem/rep piece setup for a photo as it would be ugly from the top. probably one of the random reps because my 5 seconds of photo comparison dont seem exact.

the 3 pc ac schnitzer one kinda pulls this look off in a part that exists if you want such a look.

My Cars
    1995 US e36 M3 Coupe
    thanks --- yeah, the image is from a Craigslist ad ... maybe they are trying to not show they ugly part on the top?

I have been attempting to resolve my double center brake light issue on my car since i bought it. not an easy thing to do to delete the factory spoiler and deal with the damaged paint ... (trying to avoid a repaint) & not to easy to replace the rear windshield and the parcel shelf, either!

I thought maybe a low wing like this would cover up the holes and the yellowed paint on the quarter panels under the "protective" strips ... maybe.
    Last edited by 35nhma; 08-10-2022 at 07:57 AM.

My Cars
    '95 E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 35nhma View Post
    thanks --- yeah, the image is from a Craigslist ad ... maybe they are trying to not show they ugly part on the top?

I have been attempting to resolve my double center brake light issue on my car since i bought it. not an easy thing to do to delete the factory spoiler and deal with the damaged paint ... (trying to avoid a repaint) & not to easy to replace the rear windshield and the parcel shelf, either!

I thought maybe a low wing like this would cover up the holes and the yellowed paint on the quarter panels under the "protective" strips ... maybe.
    What ugly part on top are you referring to? The top of the trunk lid where the spoiler sits/mounts?
    By "double center brake light issue" are you talking about the one on the spoiler and the one on the rear parcel shelf? Would it be as simple as unplugging one?
    Why are you replacing the rear windshield and parcel shelf? Damaged or cracked?

My Cars
    '98 ti (M powered)
    That is not the factory GT lower as it lacks the recess for the ID sticker.

My Cars
    1995 US e36 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by tiMASTER View Post
    That is not the factory GT lower as it lacks the recess for the ID sticker.
    the guy from CL got back to me ... it's a reproduction GT-style lower piece. he ground off the mountin portion for the extensions on the top and did some body work and had it painted. he didn't send me any other pictures ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veleno View Post
    What ugly part on top are you referring to? The top of the trunk lid where the spoiler sits/mounts?
    By "double center brake light issue" are you talking about the one on the spoiler and the one on the rear parcel shelf? Would it be as simple as unplugging one?
    Why are you replacing the rear windshield and parcel shelf? Damaged or cracked?
    the goal is to delete the unnecessary materials and get the car to look as it would, had it come from the factory with the spoiler. the cars look kind of silly, IMO, with the duplicate lights regardless of whether or not they both illuminate.

you have to replace the glass because of the black trapezoidal border printed on the glass, unfortunately.
    you have to replace the parcel shelf to eliminate the brake light console.
    Last edited by 35nhma; 08-15-2022 at 07:38 PM.

My Cars
    '98 ti (M powered)
    I’m lucky with the ti- third light is mounted high in the back window, so the GT spoiler does not require any reworking.

It also clears the antenna and the rear wiper too! Only modification was the leading tips of the base, to clear the window. And the sedan base fits on there right; the coupe one has a different radius on the underside.

My Cars
    1997 m3 4dr - e28.....
    i figured it was a gt style wing piece. i cant speak for a coupe but with a sedan just trying to add the 3rd brake light without the corect windshweld resulted in alot of light leak around the light without the correct rear glass. it kinda illuminated the window i immediately removed it and just left the oem spoiler. f