Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Seeking recommendations for new summer tires for 2001 330CI

My Cars
    330Ci

Seeking recommendations for new summer tires for 2001 330CI

I am shopping for a new set of summer "sports" tires. Good performance, wet traction, relative comfort are things I consider as top priorities
    What tires do people like ? Which to avoid, for what reasons ?

Thanks in advance

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Where are you located? I ask as many folks don’t like swapping 3 season tires for winter tires. So, an all season tire may work for you.

I’ve always been partial to Michelin and Bridgestone tires. I owned a 2001 330Ci which came with the original Pilot Sport tires. They sucked in the wet. I bought 4 Bridgestone Blizzaks on cheap alloy wheels from tirerack for the winter. Fabulous in the snow/sleet we get here in metro DC. I tried 3 season Bridgestone tires which were ok. I tried Yokohama tires which were meh. I ended up back with PS2 tires, and then PSS. My current ride has PSS tires. Won’t put anything else on the car.

I won’t buy Pirelli tires. In fact, I would put their tires on a lawn mower! JMHO

My Cars
    330Ci
    I am in Boston, and also spend a lot of time in Montreal where snow tires are mandatory in the winter. I like snow tires for the winter anyway.
    At the moment I am looking into the Goodyear Eagle Sports and the the Nokian ONE, just because that's what the shop nearby has.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Thanks for the info. I’d check out tirerack to see what’s available and to check out the reviews. There are 17” steel wheels available for your car. My initial purchase of Bridgestone Blizzaks included cheep alloys. I bought BMW steelies for the second set of Blizzaks. Looked awful but never got stuck.