Thread: Passenger Door pull handle cover

My Cars
    2009 BMW Z4, Alpine Whit

Passenger Door pull handle cover

Hi All, It's time for me to change the cover on the passenger side door pull handle. I matches the interior color, and leather texture. I got a replacement from a part house in Ca. The back of the replacement shows no screw holes, but a lot of clamps that seem to pressed into the door pull basic structure. Has anyone had experience changing this item? Looks like I can pry the old one off, and possibly press on the new one. The old one looks like some kind of solvent may have been used to clean it, the cover is like paste, and imbeds fingerprints it's so soft, and sticky. Thanks.

My Cars
    2009 BMW Z4, Alpine Whit

Problem Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Surfwooder View Post
    Hi All, It's time for me to change the cover on the passenger side door pull handle. I matches the interior color, and leather texture. I got a replacement from a part house in Ca. The back of the replacement shows no screw holes, but a lot of clamps that seem to pressed into the door pull basic structure. Has anyone had experience changing this item? Looks like I can pry the old one off, and possibly press on the new one. The old one looks like some kind of solvent may have been used to clean it, the cover is like paste, and imbeds fingerprints it's so soft, and sticky. Thanks.
    I got a tip from another forum, that specialize on Z4s. It told me to pry the old one off with plastic interior pry tools. I started at the bottom of the old one, and worked my way to the top. It suddenly popped off. I looked at the old one and installed the new one from the bottom to top. The new one clicked on. It now looks perfect, and matches the interior leather, same color and texture. I thing having the right tools, and knowledge of the problem really helps.