Hello all,

Has any one used the Corteco Rear Main Seal #20019546B for an N52? I was planing on using BMW P/N 111175 84398 but due to the price difference I bought the Corteco which said that it was the correct part for my car.

Bimmers.com had this listed as fitting the N52 in my 2006 530Xi wagon (6sp manual if that makes a difference).

I got the transmission out and was looking at the new seal and it is the correct size 90 ID x 110 OD x 12 thick, but it does not have the two groves that need the sealing compound as BMW directs. All the other BMW main seals that I have used before had the two groves and I filled them with the sealer as directed.

I have used Corteco brand for the front crank seal on the same engine, and it had the groves. It worked fine and is still working fine after about 40K miles.

I'm hesitant to use this, but at the same time hate those two groves and feel that the process is possibly overly complicated. If there is a leak between the Bedplate and the Block it would be leaking at other places not only right next to the seal.

Does anyone have experience with a "no groves" main seal?