Thread: New Key not storing settings

My Cars
    E92 325ci

New Key not storing settings

I have a f30 M performance 335i that only had 1 original key so decided to make a new one bought at ebay (the cool one that looks silver with m stripes that bmw M cars have). Ive noticed that the new key doesnt store any settings I used in the car the last time I drove the car, things like lane keeping and precolision warning have to be pressed to be on (blindspot is always on) and i am unable to preset shortcut functions on the radio numbers where the finger just slides and shows what is preset as it shows a message that it cant be saved and nothing is saved in that number.

On the oem key everything gets stored or changed without a problem. Any input on anything I can try or do to make my new key work as my oem key will be appreciated, thanks.
    Sahara Beige 323i 5MT, Bilstein struts, Carbon Fiber BMW Performance Strut Bar, Carbon Fiber DINAN Cold Air Intake, BMW BBS Style 124 staggered 18" rims, Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40 & 255/35, Front plate delete, Debadge, LED Eagle Eye Tailights, BMW Clear corners, BMW rear License Plate PDC sensors

Monaco Blue 318i Auto, Bilstein struts, BMW front grills and finisher trims of 335i, BMW Style 366 staggered 19" rims, No runflats just M mobility kit, BMW M dead pedal, Front plate delete, Debadge, AC Schnitzer replica rear trunk spoiler, BMW OEM accesories:Umbrella, Rubber floor mats, Trunk Bag Hook, 1st aid kit, Tire preasure gauge, Oil storage bag, Tire tote spare wheel for trips

My Cars
    750 F01, 850i, LR3 HSE
    For the new key you need to set the personalization number to 2. This is done in ISTA.

Quote Originally Posted by DAES View Post
    I have a f30 M performance 335i that only had 1 original key so decided to make a new one bought at ebay (the cool one that looks silver with m stripes that bmw M cars have). Ive noticed that the new key doesnt store any settings I used in the car the last time I drove the car, things like lane keeping and precolision warning have to be pressed to be on (blindspot is always on) and i am unable to preset shortcut functions on the radio numbers where the finger just slides and shows what is preset as it shows a message that it cant be saved and nothing is saved in that number.

On the oem key everything gets stored or changed without a problem. Any input on anything I can try or do to make my new key work as my oem key will be appreciated, thanks.