Thread: New BMW 750i owner

My Cars
    BMW 750i

New BMW 750i owner

Evening all,

Today I purchased a 2006 BMW 750i with 97,000. The car sat for the last three months because the previous owner either couldn't afford to repair the car or didn't want to repair the car. I knew the car had a pretty serious problem with engine coolant leaking from the back of the engine. I was given a ballpark of $2000 if the transmission had to be dropped less if it was one of the coolant hoses or pipes. Given how nice the car is 10/10 inside and out no oil leaks at all the car is very clean. I decided to buy the car knowing I was going to get hit in the teeth with a $2-3k bill in the first week of ownership. My plan is to have the car delivered to one of the three local independent BMW shops here in the KC area. All of them have great reviews so it's just a matter of establishing a relationship with one of them.

What I hadn't planned on was the myriad of other problems. The speedometer/odometer don't work. Cruise control malfunction light is on and cruise doesn't work. Dynamic drive inactive warning is on. Parking brake fault warning is on. Brake / Drive fault drive moderately warning is on. Set time and date light is on. Oil level sensor malfunction warning is on. In between the tach and speedo there is a car up on jacks. The is also a car leaning to the left with a exclamation point and a arrow over the top of the car. Driver seatbelt light is on. The light next to the driver seatbelt light is on its a triangle with a arrow around it and a exclamation in the triangle. ABS on, PARK on, check engine on, under the ABS light at the top of the cluster is a light with a circle and and exclamation point in it.

The car was at Baron BMW here KC Feb 2022 and was given a safety inspection and passed. The coolant leak started in April and the car was parked I'm assuming because of the expense of the fix. What I'm hoping is this is some sort of a low battery issue. I have a Foxwell NT 510 Elite BMW programmer I can pull codes with.

I guess I'm asking where do I start.

Sincerely,

Will
    Last edited by Will Beamer; 06-17-2022 at 10:18 PM.