Thread: My first BMW M (ever) ... window problem.

My Cars
    BMW M6

My first BMW M (ever) ... window problem.

Hi there! New to this group and BMW. I held onto my previous car (Infiniti G35) for 16 years .. under the premise of "if it ain't broke, don't fix (nor replace) it". And it stuck to the road like glue! Loved it! It was like riding on rails!! But I digress (for a second) and slam into the car in front of me and in today's market it's totalled.

And now the power of the M compels!

Today as I was on my 2nd test drive with it (right before buying it) I was telling the salesperson how my G35 only needed power window motors replaced every 6 years... when the power window broke! LOL.

At my age (50something) you know something electrical/mechanical is working correctly ... by sticking your hand in the way ... and ensuring it continues working correctly. Sure enough > the dreaded 'pressure sensitivity' problem and the window now behaves complete erratic. EXACTLY the way the G behaved b4 needing new power window motor(s).

We tried the youtube/forum tricks (hold button for 5-15 seconds) on both up & down directions. No joy. It's now exactly 6 years old and at the Toyota dealer who says they'll "reset the system" before I pick it up on Monday.

Is there truly a 'reset' FIX to this? I've read lots of the posts on this issue. Resets/software updates etc. seem to fix for 24-72 hours. Should I have them have them take it to BMW to replace the power window before taking delivery of this vehicle??? (It's a 2016 M6, sorry if in wrong sub-forum).

Advice, comments, feedback, much obliged!
    Dan.

My Cars
    BMW M6
    Well she's at the BMW service center now, getting a new power window motor now, yippee! Is there a forum here for the M6??

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Welcome to the Forum!

Yes there is one for the M6, just right before the X-Series. From my experience with frameless windows is they are pretty bulletproof. The same year wagon I have, it's about to get it's 3rd window regulator pretty soon, that's how crappy those are. The motors on the other hand seem to work quite well.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    BMW M6
    New window regulator and car battery installed. She's an elegant beast! Thx!