Thread: Has anyone else had a brand new BMW built and shipped to the states?

My Cars
    2022 BMW Z4 M40i

Has anyone else had a brand new BMW built and shipped to the states?

How long did it take? My new 2022 BMW Z4 M40i is currently at the port in Germany and I'm super excited. I've seen quotes and estimates of about 3-4 months in total to manufacture and make it to the dealer, but my car was completed in about a month, which blew me away.

I'm kind of hoping it won't take longer than a few weeks now that it's at the port but have no clue. Has anyone else recently built? How long did it take for your BMW? Thanks!

My Cars
    99 M3 Convert
    I built an M2C back in May 2019. The build date was 5/17 and I received it at the local dealer on 6/13. I biggest variable is the shipping. At the time, I used marinetraffic.com to search of the VIN on several ships that were scheduled to travel west from Bremerhaven to find out which ship it was on, so I could follow along as it crossed the Atlantic. Then it was back to watching the BMW website to see it clear port on the US side knowing that it would be a few days to get to me by inland shipper. Congrats on your new car!

My Cars
    2022 BMW Z4 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by T///M View Post
    I built an M2C back in May 2019. The build date was 5/17 and I received it at the local dealer on 6/13. I biggest variable is the shipping. At the time, I used marinetraffic.com to search of the VIN on several ships that were scheduled to travel west from Bremerhaven to find out which ship it was on, so I could follow along as it crossed the Atlantic. Then it was back to watching the BMW website to see it clear port on the US side knowing that it would be a few days to get to me by inland shipper. Congrats on your new car!
    My order was submitted 5/7/2022, car was finished constructing around 5/23/2022, and the status of at the port was set about 5/31/2022, but it's still at the port.

Hopefully there are no roadblocks to getting it loaded and shipped! If the transport times are at all similar to when you bought then I should be able to pick it up around next month. And thanks. This is my first brand new car and first BMW, but I fell in love with the Z4 back about 20 years ago, I just couldn't rightly afford one.

Thank you for the reply and the information!

My Cars
    bmw m440IX conv
    lots of things can delay your car at the port beside transportation your dealer can fill you in. i don't have exact dates but i ordered in early August 2021 and relieved my car in march 2022. i believe my build time was much longer than your month but i recall the car sitting at the port for over a month . the bmw web site has a update service where given your build # or vin it can keep you informed of the status of delivery . i am cheering for you so u get as much of the short Wisconsin summer with your new car