Thread: An Intro with some questions - New M2C

My Cars
    To many

An Intro with some questions - New M2C

Hi All,

I just picked up a new-to-me 2020 M2C and am already planning its 1st track outing! I was considering installing a suspension kit - shocks & springs along with pads & fluid.

What should I know about tracking this car, and are there any consensus on suspensions - 2 way, remote reservoir.

My last track car was a well setup GT3, cage, suspension, ...

Is there any coding for brakes or ??? that should be done?

Thanks

Ray

NeilM is offline Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    96 M3, 15 Golf R, 18 Q5
    Be aware that there's an issue with the stock plastic charge pipe on the M2. With high heat and over time the plastic cracks, the pipe detaches at one end, and you lose all boost. Fortunately there are aftermarket metal replacements, and they're actually cheaper than stock too. Here's a nice summary: https://bmwtuning.co/bmw-n55-charge-...upgrade-guide/

There were two such N55 charge pipe failures at one school where I instructed last month.

Neil

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    Congrats Ray! Glad to see you are now on the dark side!

MCS is the easy button nowadays, and if you can get an east coast shop to support that is also a distributor, highly recommend using them so you can have someone local to help troubleshoot. Looks like Conway Autowerks is nearby but no idea if they have BMW specific knowledge and Dan Jacobs is not too far. Bimmerworld is an option as well if you want to have the suspension shipped and want to DIY.

Highly recommend remotes considering your experience and how much you enjoy tinkering. PFC pads are awesome as well.

Coilovers/Camber plates/Brakes/fluids/chargepipe and go have some fun. Try to keep power levels STOCK!!!

Good luck on the GT3 sale, look forward to reading the add and great time to be selling.

My Cars
    To many
    Quote Originally Posted by olemiss540 View Post
    Congrats Ray! Glad to see you are now on the dark side!
    Hi Drew,

Good to hear from you.

Yep, bought a M2 Comp I will be getting shortly. I also have 3 events in July to get to! I pick the car up in Ann-Arbor, and will drive it back to Boston, probably next week.

I would not use Dan Jacobs to changes the air in my tires! Kenny on the other hand is really good and actually has an World Challenge BMW in his shop!

Looking into fitting the car with everything it needs quickly, at least rims and tires...

This car will be very different from the GT3, and right now I worry about the ABS trying to 'help' at the worst possible time! But I also really don't know. At least it will be trouble free for a while. I need to do some research on maintenance schedules for things like wheel bearing and other consumable.

As difficult as it will be, I won't mess with the motor. The concession I may make is to bring it to the CS standard assuming that is software only.

The other thing that is interesting is that WRT the Porsche I have Porsche specific tools, manuals, and experience, the BMW I have none of this. I also know the real players in the Porsche world, those to ask advice of or buy from and those to avoid (see DJ above)

Ray

never really heard bad about DJ but I was in the 911 game 15 yrs ago.