I am now the proud owner of a 2008 328 convertible. A buddy of mine kid was driving the car and all of a sudden it would not start. Knowing I am a gear head with a passon for BMW's, he told me he was done with the car and if I wanted it, come and get it. So, after driving and maintaining BMW's for the last 30 years, how could I turn that down. So now I am the proud owner of another BMW that needed some serious TLC with 150K on the clock.
Found the problem, the ground cable between the engine and chassis had detreated to the point where the starter solenoid would not even kick in. I am sure that a dealer would first replaced the CAS module and then when that didn't work, replaced the starter.
Anyway after changing the engine oil, transmission fluid (transmission now shifts smooth) brake fluid, diff fluid, spark plugs (one was loose) and fixing 100 other small items and giving it a very good cleaning it is now a quite good looking and running car.

My question now, is how do I get car to talk to my I-phone through the USB interface. When I plug it in, I get a message that it is not supported. Also is there any why to get a newer I-phone to work with the hands free phone?

Thanks in advance
df14936