Thread: Foat?

My Cars
    2000 EuroSport RHD 540it

Foat??? Lewis and his legacy...

If Russel beats Lewis this year, will the critics start to turn on Lewis like they seemed to turn on Seb after his move to Ferrari?

If George were to beat Lewis this year I would think some pundits would start to gravitate toward George more than Lewis (I mean it is only his 3rd year in F1 against the "GREATEST DRIVER OF ALL TIME"), which would mimic some of their disapproval of Lewis that started last season (starting after the British GP incident). I do think Lewis was aided by the car more than skill in some of his titles, but that is doubly true for my favorite driver, Sebastian Vettel. If they turned so easily and savagely on Vettel after 2018 (specifically the German GP crash), will they turn on Lewis like they did Seb? If so, what will this mean in his legacy to the sport? I mean I am sure his programs have helped thousands across the world, and he is a good guy at heart (being a Seb fan, I very much dislike Lewis, but thats because I have a dog in the fight), but I dont want to see any driver get written off like they have seemingly done with Seb.
    Last edited by mateo8; 05-27-2022 at 10:38 PM. Reason: formatting and added more to original post
    Current:
    2000 RHD Euro Sport Slicktop 540it Glacier Green/Black
    2009 LHD e92 335i Sport Black/Black

Former:
    1997 5sp locker 4Runner Green/Beige
    1991 Buick Park Avenue Gold/Beige

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    I don't think so. Admittedly a Hamilton fan, I'm also not a Schumacher fan and I don't think Schumacher losing to Rosberg means anything. People get old, and the first thing that goes is physical stuff. You also turn more conservative, your ambitions don't chap your ass quite as hard, or at all. I don't know if Hamilton is losing it physically but I do think that he's checking out, more and more as the years go on. Like Seb, he seems more worried about activism than winning. I think last year signalled it the most clearly to me. Hamilton used to be a student of the Senna playbook where you either let me go or we crash, the way the other youngins are now, like Verstappen and Leclerc. Hamilton doesn't need chumps like me yelling from the couch that if you're on clapped out tires on a safety car restart, with one lap to go and a crash test dummy behind you on fresh softs, you at minimum park it on the inside and run him off the road on the exit. And it wasn't the first time he did that all year. Not long ago in his career he would never have stood for that. I still think he's one of the best on the grid but I think he's now at that phase in his career where he's done with sending it that last little bit that means crash or glory.

My Cars
    2000 EuroSport RHD 540it
    Once George beats Hamilton this year, will he be written off like Vettel? I personally dont think so, but should be interesting to see how far Merc progresses this year. Max is on a different level since winning his first, don't think anyone else will challenge this year, but would love to see some action at the top of the field.

That Aston Martin I feel can really can fight for 2nd this year, dont think they will catch up to Red Bull, but it would be a shame for Seb to retire the year before they got really good. If it wasn't the Strolls behind Aston, we could've had a Vettel & Alonso pairing in the second fastest (potentially) car in 2023... What a sight it could've been... But the money from the Strolls made the car this quick, so it is more of a moot point
    Current:
    2000 RHD Euro Sport Slicktop 540it Glacier Green/Black
    2009 LHD e92 335i Sport Black/Black

Former:
    1997 5sp locker 4Runner Green/Beige
    1991 Buick Park Avenue Gold/Beige