My Cars
    E89, E39, E38

2002 E39 M5 - 41k mi - TiAg/black - Supersprint exhaust, new clutch

DSC06916.jpg DSC05510.jpg DSC06921.jpg

more images: https://imgur.com/a/6XWKCUA

2002 BMW M5 (E39)
    41,7xx miles
    S62B50 V8 / 6-speed manual
    Titanium Silver Metallic over black full Heritage Nappa leather; M Audio system
    Highlights: Clean Carfax, Supersprint exhaust, new clutch/flywheel, new Michelin PS4S tires, new brakes

I'm selling my '02 M5 with just 41.7k miles. The E39 M5 is often considered the greatest sports sedan of all time, and I'll be sad to see it go; however, I just haven't driven the car enough in my year or so of ownership (~3k miles) to justify keeping it around. I did just take it on a 600-mile road trip, and it didn't skip a beat! I'll always love these cars, but I've had a few too many BMWs and am looking to try something different.

EXTERIOR: This M5 presents very well, with no dings or dents on the car whatsoever. The TiAg paint looks great (one of the most classic colors for the M5, in my opinion). There are some rock chips on the car, but beyond that, it's in pretty great shape. The car has a clean Carfax with zero accidents or damage reports (can provide a recent report upon request). The previous owner had the front and rear bumpers resprayed, so they look pretty much new. I had the right rear quarter resprayed to correct some flaws in the paint. No rust is present on the body whatsoever. The wheels are in fair shape. It's pretty much bone stock appearance-wise, with a couple of small tweaks I'll go into later in the ad. Please see the Imgur album for close-ups of the few cosmetic flaws.

INTERIOR: It's in pretty good shape. All of the fancy Heritage Nappa leather (there's a lot) has been conditioned with Leatherique. The leather is super soft to the touch and looks awesome. The driver's bolster had some wear that I touched up. The steering wheel leather is soft and looks brand-new. The wood trim is in great shape too; the illuminated shift knob looks perfect even all these years later. The headliner looks perfect, with no sagging anywhere. The M Audio system sounds awesome. Everything works flawlessly, including the pixels in the gauge cluster and the navigation screen. All windows and the sunroof operate without issue. AC blows cold as well. I repaired the "twisted seat" issue and fitted brand-new OEM M5 floor mats. The windshield is original and still carries the engine break-in stickers from 2002, which is kind of cool.

MECHANICALS: A lot of money has been spent on the car in the past 3,000 miles to ensure it drives like it should:
    - ENGINE: OE NGK spark plugs, OE Bosch mass air-flow (MAF) sensors, air filters, battery
    - DRIVETRAIN: OE clutch/flywheel kit, pilot bearing, transmission fluid
    - BRAKES: Rotors and pads all around
    - TIRES: New Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires all around
    This M5 runs beautifully; it pulls hard to redline with the intoxicating naturally aspirated V8 sound. There was an intermittent issue involving a rough idle when cold-started, but it would run/idle fine as soon as the car started moving. I have not been able to track this down since no codes have appeared, and the car hasn't had this issue in the past month or so. The car shifts and rides well, with great grip thanks to the new set of PS4S tires.

MODIFICATIONS / EXTRAS:
    - Supersprint Magnum mufflers (P/Ns 786846, 786826) & Supersprint non-resonated x-pipe (P/N 786813): Very aggressive but refined tone — exactly what I wanted. Sounds great on the outside at all times, but is quiet on the inside until you get high in the RPM range, at which point it opens up. No drone whatsoever. Original exhaust included (though you will need a truck to take it away).
    - Rear diffuser dipped in black: Minor visual tweak that I think makes the car look a lot nicer, especially in combination with the larger Supersprint tips.
    - Short shifter kit: Makes the throws pretty short. Not sure what brand it is, but it feels great!
    - Radar prewiring + laser jammers: There's an RJ11 connector wired for use with Valentine One, Uniden, and other detectors, plus laser jammers on the front of the car with gauge cluster integration (though I'm not sure how to use them).
    - Parrot Bluetooth device: Not sure what this is, but it is inoperable. Its presence doesn't affect anything.
    - TEC cupholder: A pretty rare add-on that gives the car an actual, usable cupholder. Hides away when not needed.
    - Stealth turn signal bulbs: Simple mod, just gets rid of the "egg yolk" look in the taillights.
    - 12mm spacers (pair): Not currently installed, but will include with the sale if I can find them. Comes with extended lugs.

I'm asking SOLD. The car will come with one key, owner's manuals, and service records. Clean title in hand. Located in Tenafly, NJ 07670, which is right by Fort Lee. I know I'll regret selling it since these cars will only continue to appreciate, but I'm itching for something new.

I can be reached at SOLD. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by rgao007; 07-23-2022 at 02:18 PM.
    10/12 E89 Z4 sDrive35i: Alpine White/Coral Red, 6MT, ZMP
    12/01 E39 M5: TiAg/full black leather, Supersprint mufflers + x-pipe, SSK
    04/95 E38 750iL: Jet Black/black, M Parallels, Shadowline, x-pipe and muffler delete

My Cars
    E89, E39, E38
    Price drop to $53.9k OBO!
    04/95 E38 750iL: Jet Black/black, M Parallels, Shadowline, x-pipe and muffler delete

My Cars
    E89, E39, E38
    Just took the car on a 600-mile roundtrip to Newport and back and it didn't skip a beat (now at 41.7k mi). Unfortunately, I've bought something else so this has to go.

My Cars
    E89, E39, E38
    Price drop to $49,900 OBO!

My Cars
    E89, E39, E38
    Deposit taken, car should be considered sold unless I reply again!