Thread: Pricing help

My Cars
    2002 BMW M Roadster

Pricing help

Hi there,
    Long time reader first time poster. Found a nice cosmetic shape 2002 M roadster, just got back the PPI. This car had a minor accident on CarFax, seller also fixed some cosmetics plus new radiator. PPI found the following major items:

Car is north of 60k miles, need valve adjustment. Rear suspension bushing needs to be replaced. Hood was repainted but not exactly matching color-wise, also off alignment and has some rubbing of wipers. Audio system has whine when accelerating. Some power steering fluid leak.

So question for you experienced M roadster owners. What should I pay for this? I’m inclined to offer high $20k possibly $30k max given some items that need immediate attention. Need to budget for other items as well but not pressing.

To clarify I would like to drive this car, not keeping it as a garage queen. Thank you all in advance!

My Cars
    z3
    Sounds like the market on M roadsters is starting to go up following coupe trends, there was a time not very long ago that S54 roadster would have been a ~$22k car at best especially with mismatched paint and needing some work.

If it's worth it to you, it's worth it... they aren't getting any cheaper and if you own it long term then even if you overpay a little bit, it'll make up for it in appreciating value by the time you do sell

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2002 BMW M Roadster
    That’s a great point. I’m wondering if it’s worth it for me at this point. As in - can I find a similar S54 roadster that’s in a “better” condition, and still pay the same?

Lots to think about.

My Cars
    00 M Roadster 17 Cayman
    Check this site: http://www.mroadsterbuyersguide.com/

there are quite a few examples available now.

My Cars
    2001 M ROADSTER
    I just happen to be considering selling my 01M. I'm currently in HI, car in Socal and not coming to HI. Car is very well sorted. If interested PM me. I'll be back to mainland mid June for a couple months.

My Cars
    2002 BMW M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCK57 View Post
    I just happen to be considering selling my 01M. I'm currently in HI, car in Socal and not coming to HI. Car is very well sorted. If interested PM me. I'll be back to mainland mid June for a couple months.
    Thanks BUCK57, I can’t seem to access the PM system here. Not sure why, but few free to reach out to me at: minglee@gmail.com

My Cars
    2002 Z3 M
    Hell, You can have mine for 30k. With some TLC it's a high 30s car.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-Z3M-27k-miles
    Last edited by VitaminZ; 05-22-2022 at 11:02 PM.
    Pandora