So, I start the car (2014 BMW X3 with M Sport Package) and all is working fine. After about five minutes the radio quits but all else works. Start the car again and now also the Head up, I connect and clock on the navigation screen are not working and disappear. I took it to BMW of Devon (PA) and after eight hours and $850 all they could conclude was that it needs a new unit. They couldn't say for sure what was wrong. And, the situation continues with everything working fine when the car is left overnight and started in the morning.

BMW concluded: Performed Vehicle Test Found No Communication with Instrument Cluster, Radio and Amplifier. Checked Power and Ground to All 3 Devices. Power and Ground Checked Out OK. Checked Most BUS Ring. Most Bus OK. With Radio Removed Check Output Light on HUH. Found Output Light From HUH DIM When Compared to Other Modules. Recommend Head Unit Replacement

Any ideas: Seems to me something is just shorting out or overheating? They want $1700 to replace the Head Unit!!!!!