Thread: Anyone parting out a car these days? Source for some of those NLA screws/bits?

My Cars
    '91 e31

Anyone parting out a car these days? Source for some of those NLA screws/bits?

You know you've had a car for a while when you get to reassemble it (for the 5th time or so) and you don't worry about some of those broken/missing bits 'cuz you've bought 'em a few times in the past with no issue - suddenly to find that they are completely gone...

Latest adventure - those 4 screws that hold the HVAC controller to the center console (64111378860) - I suppose as a last resort I can do the "epoxy a slightly smaller screw in it's place" method - but would obviously prefer not to

And when did those two plastic cover plates on either side of the shifter go NLA? Must have bought those a half/dozen times in the past too...

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed
    Quote Originally Posted by rockytt View Post
    You know you've had a car for a while when you get to reassemble it (for the 5th time or so) and you don't worry about some of those broken/missing bits 'cuz you've bought 'em a few times in the past with no issue - suddenly to find that they are completely gone...

Latest adventure - those 4 screws that hold the HVAC controller to the center console (64111378860) - I suppose as a last resort I can do the "epoxy a slightly smaller screw in it's place" method - but would obviously prefer not to

And when did those two plastic cover plates on either side of the shifter go NLA? Must have bought those a half/dozen times in the past too...
    Reproductions (3D printed) of the cover plates, in different hole configurations, are available to buy on the main FB group. There was a post in the past few weeks with pictures.

My Cars
    '91 e31
    Thanks for the tip, Pete!
    I confess that I couldn't find the main FB group - the two e31 groups I belong to don't show anything like this - can you share this one?

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed

Here it is. Scrubbed the seller’s name, as last time I shared a FB post here I was asked to remove it, as the name was present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 850Ci 1991 850i 6sp
    I have had some two button versions reproduced. I think I still have some.

My Cars
    '91 e31
    If anyone is ever looking for those 4 screws that hold the HVAC Controller to the back of the center console - 07129904424

Couldn't find them on realoem, however a member on one of the fb groups measured and took pictures - which I was able to use to cross-reference using google and other vehicles part numbers - ordered 'em from a bmw motorcycle dealer and they fit perfectly! (I'll take small victories where I can!)