Thread: Tonneau cover help

My Cars
    E39

Tonneau cover help

Semi-automatic top worked fine.
    Now one day it didnt work Properly. I pulled handle to disengage motors. When doing resync procedure it sucks the tonneau cover in but does not Open anymore and close the top.

When I disengage motors and fold top 3/4 and do resync, it starts to close perfectly and I can close it but when I want to put the top down it brings the tonneau cover up and folds top but then does not close tonneau cover anymore, and stays mid-air, when I try to put top up from that position again it works Properly.

Any ideas?

My Cars
    '94 325iC, '08 328i, E93
    I had trouble synching my roof, too. I followed the directions several times and it would not do what it was supposed to. I don't remember what I finally did, but I think I put the roof up by hand, then synched it.

I am pretty sure I posted what I did, and you should be able to search for it.

My Cars
    E39
    Quote Originally Posted by JDStrickland View Post
    I had trouble synching my roof, too. I followed the directions several times and it would not do what it was supposed to. I don't remember what I finally did, but I think I put the roof up by hand, then synched it.

I am pretty sure I posted what I did, and you should be able to search for it.
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ronize-the-Top

This is the thread I guess, did not find any information.

Also did you fully put roof on and then synced it?

My Cars
    '94 325iC, '08 328i, E93
    Sorry, I thought I posted the solution. My roof clearly did not re-synch according to the directions, but I did something that caused the roof to work correctly for several years. I seem to remember putting the top up by hand -- open the cover, put the roof up, close the cover -- then synch it. Remember, I had the roof come out of storage, then the cover closed, but nothing after that. What I had was almost the exact opposite of proper operation, so I started synching from properly raised and then see if it would get all of the parts lined up.