Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Adding a KickerKey200.4 Amp to HK e36 M3

My Cars
    '99 M3

Adding a KickerKey200.4 Amp to HK e36 M3

Hello! I've been trying to figure out how to do this sound system with as little work/money as possible but still getting great results.

I have one of these KickerKey200.4 amps in another car of mine and it's working great! https://www.kicker.com/key-2004-4-ch...mart-amplifier No RCA's to run and it's small enough to fit in the dash. I figured I'd try the Key Amp on my baby.

I'm not an audiophile by any means, but, one of my stock HK midrange door speakers went out and I've decided to replace them all and figured everything sounds cleaner with a Amp.

I sent my stock headunit to Tomas at BavTek so he can do his Bluetooth Mod and while I'm waiting I wanted to change out the speakers using as much of the stock wiring as possible.

The research I've done has told me that the stock amp with the HK systems has the crossovers for the speakers built into it.

The question is do I want to keep the stock amp in place and run the Key200 before the amp or replace the stock amp with the Key200 and use it's crossovers? Can I use the Key200 as kind of a "preamp" in-line with the stock amp and get good results? Or would the old technology of the stock amp negate any benefit that the Key200 brings to the table?

I see a lot of threads about adding an amp for a sub. I don't need a sub atm. I was hoping someone can chime in and let me know what results they have had messing around with a similar setup.

Thanks in advance!!
    TEC-3R, T4 GT40, WISECO, EAGLE, SUPERTECH, O-RING'D "FRANKENSTEIN" STROKER.

My Cars
    skateboard
    No love for the e36 in this section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell