Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: E53 Andriod U nit

My Cars
    X5 3.0i E53 2003

E53 Andriod Unit

Hi all

Bit of a weird one this but I got a 2003 E53 and got rid of the factory stuf when i got the car as it was all in varioius stages of dying and replaced the head unit with an adroid unit (one of those which looks like the factory unit), and took out the factory amp etc, and installed my own. So i got the android unit connected to the car wiring via an extentions lead from the front to the back, and all speakers are running from my own amp as well. Had no problems but recently when i have the stereo on and turn the lights on the stereo randomly turns on and off to the point were you cant use it. Turn the lights off and its fine. I thought that given that it is chinese made, as they all are it was a wiring problem so i bought a repalcement loom and canbus decoder box and even though i couldt use the loom as the plug supplied wa wrong, it did replace the decoder box and there is no cahnge. Even manipulating the illumination wire doesnt seem to do anything.

Anyone got any ideas or seen this before,

Hope all are well

Phil

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi Phil,

You're now discovering, the hard way that these chinese replacement units can and often do become problematic over time and then seem to get worse. You've already tried changing the Canbus item, so next is to replace the head unit..

You could try contacting the supplier of the head unit to see if they'll refund you or, send you a new one or if they'll take yours back for repair/overhaul - I doubt they'll do any, but at least you can try.

Hopefully it can be fixed, perhaps a hard factory reset? or have you already done that?

If that doesn't work, I suggest you get a high quality, reliable and much superior car audio brand shallow depth double DIN instead ! Or, you can try your luck again with another chinese brand unit !

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    x5 e70
    hi
    if I know it right in your case you have to use the special cable because the brain in your car located on the trunk. is a lot of hard work here. Because in this case sound works not from AUX (