Thread: BMW ix and i4 DMV event

My Cars
    BMW

BMW ix and i4 DMV event

Hey y’all. I’ve been thinking over getting a new car and think I’m in the right spot for a full EV. The first problem I thought I might encounter was charging but there are so many more charging locations than 2-3 years ago. I live in the Baltimore - Washington DC area and have a good about of local charging. I go across the river to Virginia to visit family and see a fair amount of charging stations there as well.

Me and my wife are going to this event to see the cars in person. The misses like the i4 the most. If anything I’ll just eat the free food and drinks and have a decent afternoon out of the house. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bmw-i4-...s-261155301537

My Cars
    97 M3, 23 A5 Sportback
    I drove the i4 M50, and it is violently quick. While I do feel the vehicle's weight (after all, it does have a huge battery pack, although it is built into the chassis for low center of gravity), it still handles fairly well. And the best part? It's quicker than the G80 M3 - and for less money! I think it may just be BMW's best kept secret.

Oh, and I don't think you need to worry about charging. There are tons of Electrify America (EA) DC fast chargers in your area (just download the app and see for yourself) which makes their free 2 year EA charging program that much more valuable! And besides, the car comes with a 240v-capable flexible fast charger for your garage, so you may never even need the EA network for your daily commute.
    Last edited by SIIDEWAYS; 03-30-2022 at 02:15 PM.

One of the last remaining members of the E36 M3 original owners club...a dying breed indeed.