Thread: '06 E91 330XD Door lock problem

My Cars
    ‘06 E91 330xd

'06 E91 330XD Door lock problem

Hi all!

My driver side door lock does not seem to work. It only works if I lock it manually using the key, but it won't work if I use the remote. All other doors lock.
    Using Bosch KTS350 I read out the following codes -

A6D7 - Central Locking relay, Driver's door locking function faulty.
    A6D6 - Central Locking relay, SAFE Function faulty

All fuses have been checked.. Now I'm not sure if I should get a new door lock or the ECU that has the relay soldered on to it.
    Should I pull the door panel and check if the door lock gets 12V if I press the lock button on my remote? Looking forward to your opinions.

-Karl

My Cars
    06 E91
    Just went through this on the passenger door of my 06 e91 -- the door actuator/latch assembly needs to be replaced. It's difficult but not hard, you'll need to pull the glass and unbolt the rearmost window rail to make enough room to finagle the assembly out of the door. Plenty of DIYs out there; this covers it well -- https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477507

FCPEuro had the best price, and a pair was actually cheaper than buying them individually.

My Cars
    ‘06 E91 330xd
    I will give it a try

Thanks for the suggestions!

My Cars
    E90 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by karledmnd View Post
    I will give it a try

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Did you ever get this fixed?
    I am having the same issue with the same codes. I am having a fair bit of trouble finding the issue. I've already swapped the actuator with known good ones but that doesn't work. It seems like the plug to the actuator doesn't get voltage when locking, but it unlocks fine and gets unlock voltage.
    I'm now suspicious of the JBBF relay as in the technical documents it seems that one relay handles every other door plus trunk and fuel flap, and another relay handles just the drivers door? Not sure how that explains the unlocking working though...

My Cars
    E90 335i
    Ok I feel like an idiot. I had already checked the fuses visually and thought they were ok, but I decided to replace them anyway to be sure. And voila the locking works from the dash button properly.
    All 3 locking fuses had been replaced by the prior owner with aftermarket ones, and they all visually looked fine, but I tested them with the resistance setting on a multimeter and compared to brand new good fuses and two tested as faulty. They look like pretty poor quality fuses, so I can only assume that somewhere in them is a break in continuity which isn't obviously visible.
    I'm fairly sure it was fuse 72 which was causing the main problem (it's fuse 56 on pre 09.2007), so if you have this problem check and replace all fuses related to central locking! BMW has a TSB out to upgrade fuse 72 and 73 to 20A fuses as well which I have done.
    My Key fobs still don't lock the car, so I will keep troubleshooting, but that could just be the key fobs being old...

Also for anyone else who gets the A6D7 code here is a good overview of the electrical system, it was very useful in getting my head around how the locking system works. Also Ista was useful in helping with a diagnosis plan.