Thread: Radio / Lights Stay On

My Cars
    2020 540i xDrive

Radio / Lights Stay On

On my 540i xDrive, I would expect the radio to go off when after I park and open the door. Most vehicles I've had, do that. My BMW the radio will stay on indefinitely. Is there a setting where I set that? Also I have parked in the garage turned the car off went in the house, come back some time later and the auto-headlights are still on.

The only thing I know of that works is to press the blue BMW logo on my key fob which shuts everything down and locks all the doors. I find it annoying going to the car in my garage and I can't get in the car because all the doors are locked. I've played around with the controls, but I haven't found anything to fix those two issues yet.

Anybody know how to overcome these issues?

My Cars
    2014 535i M Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by cmh2001 View Post
    On my 540i xDrive, I would expect the radio to go off when after I park and open the door. Most vehicles I've had, do that. My BMW the radio will stay on indefinitely. Is there a setting where I set that? Also I have parked in the garage turned the car off went in the house, come back some time later and the auto-headlights are still on.

The only thing I know of that works is to press the blue BMW logo on my key fob which shuts everything down and locks all the doors. I find it annoying going to the car in my garage and I can't get in the car because all the doors are locked. I've played around with the controls, but I haven't found anything to fix those two issues yet.

Anybody know how to overcome these issues?

I believe the setting is in the iDrive. Look under iDrive settings in my vehicle.