Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Elusive Beast of The North East pt.2

My Cars
    none
    Got the billet valve cover with our billet coil bracket. Adam @ Reboot is responsible for this badass piece. Was super easy to bring my idea to reality. This coil bracket is our v1.2 design. Valve covers and coil brackets are all sold out so please no requests at this time.

Next we have a photo from the rear of the car. Peep this awesomeness y'all. Can't wait to get this car back on the dyno.

Unfortunately we received a blem bell from QuickTime and they are owned by Holley. Working with Tech support to get to the bottom of this but I am loosing time. Was really trying to get to the track in the next couple of weeks to try and quality for Import VS Domestic- WCF. Not looking good now. They were supposed to get back to me within 10 minutes yesterday and that was before lunch time. Nothing for the rest of the day and then again today I got nothing. Really hoping to get some resolution.

There's no telling how many screwed up M52 to T56 Bellhousings are in the Wild. Only two out of four mounting points to the block work. I will attach mine and a picture of one I found here that clearly wasn't made with the same issues mine has. Last picture with the Red clutch was found on here, unlike mine which doesn't have the required recesses.

It's a long shot but if anyone has one they are willing to send me, that might be the best route. Trying to be patient but it's hard when the entire competition of this build and testing is on the line. There was no time for this but fingers crossed.

For reference this is QuickTime Part Number RM-4089

Have a great one everybody. Be back with more soon.

-Colby

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Colby Colbs; 07-26-2022 at 07:27 PM.

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Is drooling allowed in here?

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Colby,

That's not at all what that part # looked like for me when I bought it in 2018:

I also had to "fix" mine, as the starter didn't fit:

My Cars
    BMWs
    That looks like a nightmare Adam.

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me View Post
    Is drooling allowed in here?
    I'll allow it, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
    Colby,

That's not at all what that part # looked like for me when I bought it in 2018:

I also had to "fix" mine, as the starter didn't fit:

Well to be honest, I didn't even get to the point of fitting the starter! Oh dear, fingers crossed. Did it hit the bell, just not a large enough opening?

Holley, owners of QuickTime, stepped up to the plate and even though I bought this two years ago, they understood that it didn't matter when I had bought it, because no matter when I went to install it, it was not going to work. They are happy that I was able to bring this matter forward and in a professional matter so that they can check existing stock and correct the problem. FIngers crossed. Lost a bunch of time dealing with this, can only hope the one I receive in replacement, just bolts right on with zero problems.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Colby, it was the depth of the starter that was this issue. You will need 57mm of clearance from the face of housing where the spur gear goes.

We just cut the rounded cover off, moved it forward the requirement amount, tacked it in, and then bent up a piece of flat stuck to fill in the gap.

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
    Colby, it was the depth of the starter that was this issue. You will need 57mm of clearance from the face of housing where the spur gear goes.

We just cut the rounded cover off, moved it forward the requirement amount, tacked it in, and then bent up a piece of flat stuck to fill in the gap.
    Understood. Fingers crossed they were aware of the issue and fixed the design before continuing to make/ship more bellhousings. We certainly will find out, thanks for the clarification!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    BMWs
    I don't know enough about it, but where does the SFI certification fall w/ all the mods needed?

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    Got the billet valve cover with our billet coil bracket. Adam @ Reboot is responsible for this badass piece. Was super easy to bring my idea to reality. This coil bracket is our v1.2 d

-Colby

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Fancy thread you have here Colby.

What did you do top side to support rear coilovers in the e36?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    none
    Just got some scrap metal from around the shop and whipped this up. My old car was clean but I'm really happy with this car. The level of detail in this chassis is on point. I also haven't sacrificed anything on the entire car besides AC and I'm sure I could put it back on. It was already gone when I got the car.

My Cars
    none
    RIP to the OG Karan Goel, better known on here as sbblowz. He passed away about two weeks ago. I talked to him a few weeks prior and he was soo stoked on the progress on this build. Was really excited to see complete and it making waves after all of these years! Super sad funeral and I will include a couple of links below for anyone that might have known him.

https://www.tributearchive.com/obitu...aran-arun-goel

https://youtu.be/V25U29r1tZw

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Damn; condolences!
    I remember him back in the day. I think he started “the super secret turbo base”. It was something like that in Chicago-land.

My Cars
    BMWs
    RIP to the OG Karan Goel, better known on here as sbblowz. He passed away about two weeks ago. I talked to him a few weeks prior and he was soo stoked on the progress on this build. Was really excited to see complete and it making waves after all of these years! Super sad funeral and I will include a couple of links below for anyone that might have known him.
    wow, an og - but he wasn't so old? Damn - I think he bought the Bemdubs E30 S38 car. What a sad day.
    Last edited by 5mall5nail5; 09-04-2022 at 02:13 AM.

My Cars
    skateboard
    That’s terrible news man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    wow, an og - but he wasn't so old? Damn - I think he bought the Bemdubs E30 S38 car. What a sad day.
    36 years young. So sad. Yeah he bought that E30 M3, then I took ownership of it, then I sold it back to the guy that bought it.

My Cars
    none
    Going in so I can get start to brain storm placement for the rest of the goods. Last couple weeks were straight up too hot to be able to be cutting and grinding efficiently out in the shop.

My Cars
    2010 M6, E36 Project
    Going in so I can get start to brain storm placement for the rest of the goods. Last couple weeks were straight up too hot to be able to be cutting and grinding efficiently out in the shop.

I really like that manifold design!

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    It was something like that in Chicago-land.
    +1

"/

My Cars
    BMWs

Colby I made a fixture for my current turbo placement and plan on making a manifold similar to that - then a 90 of sorts up to the turbo with the WG dump "in-line". Do you have any pics of that piece?

My Cars
    none
    It is a RSI E36 Top Mount manifold, I didn't make it, just cut the 90 off to add a vband for packaging/servicing stuff. I also added egts per cyl.

My Cars
    none
    Our backpressure and RT IAT kits shown. I have these on about 15 cars now and everyone loves them. The RT stands for "real time" and believe me, the data over a GM open element sensor is amazing. The GM sensor response time is pretty bad, especially if you compare it to our sensor.

Shown is a little kit we offer in various trim. The packaged IAT sensor has a Titanium weld bung that we offer, as well as the plug and pin kit. The loose sensor next to the GM sensor, that one has our standard billet, black anodized adapter. Sensor are dressed in DR-25 and shrink booted for weather resistance. They are then terminated to a 2 position DTM connector.

It's a game changer if you are into data or tuning. The GM sensor is so slow to respond and is always behind the air temp changes. It very noticeable after you lift off the throttle, it will kind of hang there and then slowly goes down. When the temperature rises it's delayed then just jumps up. This is where our Real Time IAT shines. It makes a big improvement in tip in and driveability. Then factor in the range. It reads -40 to 575 degrees Fahrenheit. The GM sensor stops being reliable/accurate around 250 and is pegged by 265 ~ 270 deg F.

Inlet air temps are extremely important and trims should be setup to help protect the engine should you end up in left field. The best part is no thermocouple amplifier required to drive this sensor. Just a two wire deal that goes to sensor ground and your input channel.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Colby is there a sensor curve table available for your IAT sensor? I think I am using a GM open element or perhaps a BMW one, I forget, honestly. But, I am never opposed to newer better things. Just want to make sure it'll fit in the table space nicely that I have available.

My Cars
    none
    All I need is the pull up resistor that input uses. Or if you have multiple choices, let me know. ProEFI is locked to a 2.2k pull up and I have that data available, as well as MoTeC and a few others.

Email me at COLBY@LUXFABUSA.COM

My Cars
    none
    After months of development, our lightweight drag brake kit is finished. Super pumped on how this came out. Spins nice with the ceramic wheel bearings. Can't wait to run it.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    Hey Colby are you doing your own design? What program do you use? Solidworks?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast