Thread: Vortech Stg 2/3 Full Kit for OBDII; E36 M3

My Cars
    E28, 97' M3/4

Vortech/RMS Stg 2/3 Full Kit for OBDII; E36 M3

Vortech Stage II+/III Supercharger Kit for OBDII E36M3

I purchased this kit from Pbonsalb around 12 years ago. I ran it for a few years and it was great but I changed it up with my car (years ago) and this has been put away downstairs for a little while now. This setup was alot of fun for the few years I had it on the car. I actually ran the Stg 3 setup for over a year and had no issues. I did switch the injectors and tune for the Stg 2+ for a bit afterwards and also had no issues. I've modified the list from what Philip posted originally to omit what would no longer be apart of the kit. For the most part this is a full kit. I'm including everything I have associated with it when it was removed.

You are getting 3 tunes.
    You are getting 2 sets of injectors (42lb and 60lb)
    You are getting a REAL Bosch 803 HFM.

I know the tuning seems to be the pain when buying a kit, whether or not its included and sourcing it.

Right off the bat; the bad.

The blower has 2 chips on 2 separate impellers. Ive done my best to show them in the photos. I only noticed these when I removed the kit. If you need more detailed pictures of them, let me know ill do my best to take them.

The kit:

-Vortech V2 T Trim
    -RMS bracket
    -RMS aftercooler (modified for twin bypass valves and water injection nozzles)
    -twin Bosch -114 bypass valves
    -Bosch aftercooler pump
    -dual pass under bumper heat exchanger with twin Spal 6.5 inch puller fans
    -6.0” inch crank pulley (8 rib); 2.80” and 3.05” blower pulleys; 3.0” and 3.5” tensioner pulleys
    -545 Gates HD Greenstripe belt; spare used 545 Goodyear Gatorback belt
    -RMS oil adapter, oil feed and return lines
    -thermoplastic intake modified for twin bypass valves spare used thermoplastic (not the prettiest but it works.)
    -3.5 inch AEM dry filter; spare 3.5 inch K&N oiled filter

The tunes:
    -AA Stage II OBD2 tune for 42 lb injectors (included) and Euro/540 HFM (not included)
    -AA Stage II+ OBD2 tune for same 42 lb injectors as above and Porsche HFM (included) with rear 02 and air pump turned off so no sims needed, works with Shricks and has 850 rpm idle for LTW flywheel
    -AA Stage III prototype OBD2 tune for 60 lb injectors (included) and uses same Porsche HFM and has same features as Stage II+ tune (prototype tune gives intermittent CEL)
    -Socketed ECU fits all tunes (EWS alignment required for Stage II and II+ tunes, no EWS alignment for Stage III tune)

I installed Shrick Cams, an M50 Manifold, and an AA Race Exhaust at the same time with this kit when I installed it as far as power goes. I don't believe it is absolutely necessary to do those mods but I did. I wasn't making all the power I could have with this kit i feel. Previous owner had a full euro exhaust and the water injection. He made some really nice numbers. I had the car dyno'd once at MaxPsi but it was an at the moment type thing and I never got anything printed/saved, I asked Mike eventually much later to see if he would have it or be able to dig it up but it would be impossible. I honestly didn't care what I made I did it more so to see if there was anything out of the ordinary going on and apparently I found the limits of a stock fuel pump. Other than that the car just felt good the # didn't mean much to me tbh.

Below is a quote from his original thread.

"Running the Stage III prototype tune, the car has multiple dyno runs on two different Dynojets making 455-465 rwhp and 355-365 rwtq at 15-16 psi with my additional mods of full Euro spec performance exhaust, M50 intake, Shricks, and water injection. With Stage II+ tune, the car made 405 rwhp and 329 rwtq on a Dynojet at about 13 psi with the same mods except for a smaller full USA spec performance exhaust."

I took these pictures a little while ago but nothing has changed. I am including 2 HFMs. One is a real actual Bosch 803 .........and the other is a Bosch "style"? 803 that I would probably never use on my own car but I'm including it anyway. I will add a picture of the real 803 into the album along with a current photo of everything layed out on the table in my basement.

Price: $3600. Your more than welcome to look at the original thread to see everything and even what I paid (even though that number didn't include shipping). I feel its a fair price for whats included. I would way rather someone local buy this so they can see it first and all that. With that said, I'll ship but its going to be pricey (going to be a few boxes and a little weight to them as well). If it gets to that point, I will try and work with the buyer with shipping to keep it fair.

Any questions or requests for more pictures please ask and I'll do my best to answer/get the pictures.

SOLD
    Last edited by Grey Phox; 03-29-2022 at 10:10 AM.

Hey I'm interested in this kit please PM me your your # would love to chat or text me at 646-423-5098. Marc

My Cars
    97 332ti and some nifty bicycles
    also interested, if it’s still available please check your PMs, sent you my number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WTB:
    M Coupe/M Roadster Rear Subframe (diff, half shafts, brakes, RTA's...EVERYTHING)
    Z3 1.9 steering rack
    318Ti M-Tech rear bumper in decent shape

This KIt is Sold picked it up on Monday.