Thread: G80 M3 xDrive Allocation?

My Cars
    2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia

G80 M3 xDrive Allocation?

So my Alfa Romeo Giulia lease is about to end here in June and knowing the car market, I don't want to wait last minute and get screwed over not knowing what is going to happen.

December 30th I decided I was going to order a G80 M3 xDrive so that is what I did. I did not order directly through a dealer. I ordered from a broker that originally gave me my Alfa Romeo Lease. I am going to end up buying the G80, but my
    main concern here is when will I actually get it. I ordered it on December 30, 2021 and have yet to even receive allocation. I built the car online, sent the code to the broker to order the car and the broker ordered it through a BMW dealer. Reason I did this is lets say June, somehow, someway, prices decide to deflate, I could possibly get a good lease deal on the car, and worst case scenario I just buy it out for MSRP if not. It is now March 16 and I have still yet to receiver allocation. Is this normal? When am I expecting to receive the car. Those who ordered it and got it already, how long did it take? I've seen people on forums order it a week before I did and get allocation within 2 weeks. Not sure what to do here because the build process hasn't started and I want this car by June.

My Cars
    2022 M4 Cabrio
    Ordered my M4 Cabrio in September of 2021, I am still waiting on delivery. Initial estimate was November, then December, then January. Now it is just "hopefully soon." I have copies of the correspondence from BMW in Munich (Dingolfingen), in German (I read/speak poor German). The correspondence basically says there was an issue with the car and it is back for rework. The speculation from my dealer is the worldwide camera shortage is causing this.

My Cars
    bmw m440IX conv
    i understand your frustration with lack of info from broker / dealer but u may not get accurate delivery info from the forum for your car. I don't understand the role of broker between you and the dealer cant you buy a car at list price or lease at any dealer in LA?

My Cars
    2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    i understand your frustration with lack of info from broker / dealer but u may not get accurate delivery info from the forum for your car. I don't understand the role of broker between you and the dealer cant you buy a car at list price or lease at any dealer in LA?
    As I mentioned in the post, yes, you can get it through any dealer in LA, but I decided to get it from a broker, because I am still unsure whether to purchase or lease the car. I was hoping to get the car latest by June and if prices were to drop and incentives were to come out. Leasing would've been an option for me because I could've maybe gotten a good lease deal. Probably will look like I am going to end up buying it because the market is just getting worse.