My Cars
    '01 325i, '04 325iT

Oil Pressure Valve Removal

I recently had a serpentine belt blow up, and it took out the electrical connector end of my oil pressure solenoid / hydraulic valve (p/n 11417622768). In looking at the replacement part online, it seems like a pretty straight forward replacement: unscrew one retaining bolt and pull it straight out. It looks like there is a rubber o-ring that helps seal out oil leakage, so there shouldn't be too much to it. Of course my experience isn't going as well, hence this post. Has anyone removed theirs? I removed the bolt and can twist the part about 20 degrees (rotate in the hold). There's not a lot of clearance between it and the radiator, and it's difficult to get good leverage with your hands reaching down but pulling out toward the front of the vehicle. I put a zip tie through the bolt hole and tried pulling a zip tie for additional leverage, but it broke the entire plastic bolt-hole-portion of the part off. I didn't really want to remove the radiator, so I'm considering dremeling a groove into the side of the part so I can get a place for a small pry bar to get leverage. Before I went crazy, I wanted to see if I'm an idiot and am overlooking anything else. With the bolt hole broken off, it now spins 360 degrees in the hole, so I can't image anything else holding it in there. Is there a clip or anything inside the cavity where the solenoid enters the block? I can't figure out how to get a bearing puller or anything creative attached, though there's probably not enough space anyways between it and the radiator. I've attached a pic of the part - it's the thing with the brass leads sticking out (where the plug broke off of). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OilSolenoid.jpg

My Cars
    '01 325i, '04 325iT
    I wanted to follow up with a solution to my own problem in case it helps anyone in the future. I ended up using an oscillating tool to cut a groove into the side of the valve so that I could use a small pry bar to pry it out of the hole. Photos are attached showing the mangled part along with the mounting spot.
    hole.jpgvalve_removed.jpg

My Cars
    2013 X5

What Connector did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by dmask0 View Post
    I wanted to follow up with a solution to my own problem in case it helps anyone in the future. I ended up using an oscillating tool to cut a groove into the side of the valve so that I could use a small pry bar to pry it out of the hole. Photos are attached showing the mangled part along with the mounting spot.
    hole.jpgvalve_removed.jpg
    Hey Dmask. I had the same thing happen to me on my 2013 X5. What connector did you use to replace the broken one... or was your wiring connector not broken? I am having a hard time finding the right connector to replace as mine got blown to pieces when the belt snapped. Thanks!

My Cars
    '01 325i, '04 325iT
    Hey Freddaug
    I didn't find a replacement plug so I ended up epoxying mine back together well enough. I remember holding it up to the solenoid to approximate how it should connect and then fixed it with glue. I assumed it would throw a code, but it didn't. We're still driving it 13 months later. I wish you luck and hope you don't have to resort to a new harness. You can see the metal solenoid terminals in my pic, so you could always resort to building your own disconnect terminal (with solenoid out of car).

My Cars
    2013 X5

Found plug!

Quote Originally Posted by dmask0 View Post
    Hey Freddaug
    I didn't find a replacement plug so I ended up epoxying mine back together well enough. I remember holding it up to the solenoid to approximate how it should connect and then fixed it with glue. I assumed it would throw a code, but it didn't. We're still driving it 13 months later. I wish you luck and hope you don't have to resort to a new harness. You can see the metal solenoid terminals in my pic, so you could always resort to building your own disconnect terminal (with solenoid out of car).

Hey dmask.

First, thanks for the reply. Second, I was able to get the parts from BMW dealer after a few attempts. I just wanted to provide part numbers for whomever needs them as well as ask you for a favor if you can.

Parts:
    12527543313 (socket/pigtail itself)
    61138366245 (seal)
    12527545858 (metal connector)

Since my pigtail was complete gone, I now have the connector, but I am unsure if this valve/solenoid has a specific -+ to it. Some solenoids do not, but I wonder if this one might. Could you tell me which color cable goes where in your connector by any chance (i.e. color cable left and right, left being driver side and right being passenger side? I would most def appreciate that!

Fred

My Cars
    '01 325i, '04 325iT
    Fred
    Unfortunately I am of no help here. I tried yesterday but can't figure it out because I glued everything up near the plug so can't be sure which way the twisting wires ultimately settle into the plug housing (too much epoxy). Sorry I can't help more.

My Cars
    BMW X5 3.0i
    I think tis will say which pins are which color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro