BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: WTB e31

My Cars
    in Between bimmers

WTB e31

Looking for a e31. Im in NY but would pick it up depending on how far.

My Cars
    2010 Z4

E31 for sale

thatracer, I am contemplating selling my immaculate 1996.

Super clean, rust-free, and great running E31 850cia example that I have proudly owned for many years. Black exterior and interior with no rust, dents, scratches, rips, tears, or leaks. Clean Auto-check report. 133K miles, with most miles and early ownership in Florida and Texas. During my ownership of 9 years it has never been in rain or snow while being lovingly stored in a climate-controlled garage. Sunday car show cruiser that has never let me down. Clear title. In my view the E31 is the best looking car on the planet!

Comments:
    -Drilled/slotted zinc plated brake rotors with low dust metallic pads,
    -Magnaflow polished stainless mufflers with chrome tips in the stock locations
    -Sunroof interior shade elimination with underside upholstered to match the headliner
    -Alpine Head Unit with remote and trunk mounted amp and subwoofer -Original equipment phone and CD changer removed prior to my ownership -Koenig Ultra 2-piece 17 X 8 wheels with Sumitomo 23545R17 Tires
    -Custom M logoed floor mats
    -Complete tool kit
    -Original spare and wheel
    -Original key fob, with new additional BMW programmed fob and valet key
    -2-year-old batteries with attached trickle charger
    -Custom car cover -Tasteful window tint
    -Sticky ASC+T indicator light, car stops great
    -Seat back fold buttons need work (recently observed as I never used the back seat)

More photos available on request. $25K
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    in Between bimmers
    So found this one and had a mechanic go take a look at. this is the info he sent me below. The seller is asking 11k OBO. What do you guys think? Need some opinions from e31 owners. I was thinking 6-7k But is it even worth it even for that amount?

1. First issue found, The right side tail light and front parking/marker lights are inoperative

2. Moonroof liner sagging

3. Minor rust under the trunk, nothing serious. Inside the trunk previous modifications were done and the spare tire was uninstalled.

4. Very wet under the car, likely oil and power steering leaks.

6. Logo Fading

7 Small oil leak found, new throttle cables, and new water pump installed. Engine appears to be unmolested.

8. Tires are new, small amounts of rust bubbling on the inner fender. Running hand on the inside, the metal is not smooth, may have more rust underneath.

9. Technician noticed poor heat from vents, possibly due to incorrect coolant bleeding during water pump replacement

10. Vehicle whines and groans alot from the power steering system while driving.

11. Vehicle had 2 DTC's stored in the computer. 112 Camshaft Sensor Malfunction and 108 Supply Voltage Continous

12. Radio pixels are wearing out, can be difficult to read words on the radio screen

13. Moonroof inoperative

14. Passenger side door handle is difficult to open from the outside

15. Both power front seats do not work correctly. The driver side barely goes forward or back, the passenger side moves but is very loud.

16. Headlights do pop up and work correctly.

17. Engine and transmission seem to run and shift smoothly. Do notice an intermittent misfire or vibration at idle. Could be camshaft sensor related. It maybe happens once every 30 seconds to a minute. It's not severe.
    Last edited by thatracer; 02-24-2022 at 01:19 PM.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850i
    Mine is listed here for $18,000. Fully sorted!
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...850i-automatic

My Cars
    330ci 850i M4
    Thatracer
    Are you still in the market for an E31. I have a 1991, 850i, V12, automatic, 91,000 miles, good shape. Had a buyer an out of state buyer committed for $18,500, he got covid........long sorted story but I'm about to put it back on the market. Let me know if your interested and I can share details. Would like to upgrade a bit and secure another 850 with a manual transmission.

Attached Images Attached Images
    My Cars: , 91 850i, 04 330ci convert., 08 911 turbo convert, 15 Mustang GT convert., 2018 M4 covert.

My Cars
    ‘91 850ci, Artic W
    Lots of N I C E e31's out there, even the ones for sale. Either you really enjoy working on these, or cant sell the one you own, such is my case. Fortunately, mine died in the garage & cant be moved until a certain sequence of repairs are completed...lOl...wifey STILL PO'd....

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    This is my opinion but alot of people are just gluttons for punishment buying beat up E31s and thinking they will sort them out on the cheap.
    Again, there is no such thing as a cheap E31, so unless you plan on doing all the work yourself and just need a prolonged project on your hands a sub 18k E31 is just not for you.
    Important to note, even if you do all the labor yourself you will very soon realize that you just spent 10k in parts and it went like a fart in the wind!