Thread: NCS Expert - Error - Coding Airbag Sat. Module E60/E85

My Cars
    BMW I3S and Z4

Exclamation NCS Expert - Error - Coding Airbag Sat. Module E60/E85

I am fixing my E85 Roadster from 2003. Multiple airbag issues, after updating the left satelite module with the latest daten files V67.

Update with WINKFP was no issue. Entered the VIN and coding was done in a couple of min, succesfully.

Next up would be to configure the sat module with NCS Expert, but I am running into the issue that NCS Expert is trying to code it as a "SBSL_E60.C04" that gives me an error. What I do (and please help me out here) is the following:

Open NCExpert
    Load profile -> I used Expertenmodus (Werkseinstellung),
    F1 -> F3 -> choose E85 from the list -> choose AKMB -> F6 Back
    Select F4 Process ECU -> choose Module -> now click ReadECU -> and this is where it comes up with an error.

Der codierindex folgender Steuergeräte ist für diesen Codierauftrag nicht zulässig: SBSL 02

I triend the function of "Basic Function" and the "coapiReadSgGetFswPsw" to get the information in the module but then NCS Expert comes up with a screen with three fields alrealdy filled in:

CBD-Name: SBSL_E60.C04
    CHASSIS:
    E85Resultfile:

This also gives me an error, yet when I change the CBD-name to: SBSL_E85.CO2 it does work and I get the Basis Function Perfect Ended message

yet then it refuses to do the SG-Codieren.

Any thoughts on this, as it's driving me up the wall, I am off somewhere, yet no clue on where.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    I would use a different profile (got EXPERT MAN?) and make sure the NCS Expert data is up to date.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    BMW I3S and Z4
    I don't have the Expert Man file, can I copy these "NCS Expert" profiles from one NCS Expert to another? I think I have "Mikes Easy BMW Tools" on another system with the .pfl files.

My entire package is from BimmerFest and I used the BMW Coding tool to update the Daten files to version 67, with no issues. Also INPA works without a glitch.

My Cars
    2003 bmw m3
    hello.. sorry for reviving this thread, i got the same issue where you were stop on programming.. i search a lot of thread here in the forum and i always stuck like what hapened to you.. had you solve this? if yes, can you share what procedure had you done.. thank yoou..

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=DMS21;30772363]I am fixing my E85 Roadster from 2003. Multiple airbag issues, after updating the left satelite module with the latest daten files V67.

Update with WINKFP was no issue. Entered the VIN and coding was done in a couple of min, succesfully.

Next up would be to configure the sat module with NCS Expert, but I am running into the issue that NCS Expert is trying to code it as a "SBSL_E60.C04" that gives me an error. What I do (and please help me out here) is the following:

Open NCExpert
    Load profile -> I used Expertenmodus (Werkseinstellung),
    F1 -> F3 -> choose E85 from the list -> choose AKMB -> F6 Back
    Select F4 Process ECU -> choose Module -> now click ReadECU -> and this is where it comes up with an error.

Der codierindex folgender Steuergeräte ist für diesen Codierauftrag nicht zulässig: SBSL 02

I triend the function of "Basic Function" and the "coapiReadSgGetFswPsw" to get the information in the module but then NCS Expert comes up with a screen with three fields alrealdy filled in:

CBD-Name: SBSL_E60.C04
    CHASSIS:
    E85Resultfile:

This also gives me an error, yet when I change the CBD-name to: SBSL_E85.CO2 it does work and I get the Basis Function Perfect Ended message

yet then it refuses to do the SG-Codieren.

Any thoughts on this, as it's driving me up the wall, I am off somewhere, yet no clue on where.

hello.. sorry for reviving this thread, i got the same issue where you were stop on programming.. i search a lot of thread here in the forum and i always stuck like what hapened to you.. had you solve this? if yes, can you share what procedure had you done.. thank yoou..