Thread: Need Advice - I'm new

My Cars
    1985 325 i convertible

Need Advice - I'm new

I have a 1985 325i convertible that was running great when I parked it 10 years ago when my daughter went off to college. It has been sitting outside in the high desert of Central Oregon, and the sage rats have gotten to it - interior, top, and wiring. Body is straight with no rust. I sold my property and the new owner says it's gotta go. Really wanted to restore it, but no place presently to keep it. Is it worth anything as is? I hate to see it go to the junkyard. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

My Cars
    82 320i 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGough View Post
    I have a 1985 325i convertible that was running great when I parked it 10 years ago when my daughter went off to college. It has been sitting outside in the high desert of Central Oregon, and the sage rats have gotten to it - interior, top, and wiring. Body is straight with no rust. I sold my property and the new owner says it's gotta go. Really wanted to restore it, but no place presently to keep it. Is it worth anything as is? I hate to see it go to the junkyard. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

it'll always be worth something. it sounds like it needs a complete teardown and rebuild. there won't be any rubber left in good condition. verts aren't quite as popular a choice for a teardown and rebuild, but they do garner some interest. if it's a 5spd it would help a lot. if auto it's probably a parts car.

My Cars
    1985 325 i convertible

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 82eye View Post
    it'll always be worth something. it sounds like it needs a complete teardown and rebuild. there won't be any rubber left in good condition. verts aren't quite as popular a choice for a teardown and rebuild, but they do garner some interest. if it's a 5spd it would help a lot. if auto it's probably a parts car.
    It is a 5 speed, sport seats, limited slip diff. Any ideas for best place to list it? This forum? Craigslist?
    thanks again

My Cars
    1989 325ix, 2003 4.4 x5
    If your able to post pictures people might be able to give some better opinions on what it might be worth. Craig's list seems to be the go to, or Facebook marketplace is real popular...I don't have Facebook though, but from what I gather.

My Cars
    1989 Bmw325IC
    It seems Facebook Market Place has surpassed Craig's List. I'd post both places. You get a lot of crap on Facebook and a lot of the people are just the kind of people that you would expect on Facebook.

My Cars
    82 320i 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGough View Post
    It is a 5 speed, sport seats, limited slip diff. Any ideas for best place to list it? This forum? Craigslist?
    thanks again

all desirable parts so that helps. seats and soft parts would have to be in good condition.

edit : even better if it has the removable hardtop
    Last edited by 82eye; 01-17-2022 at 10:00 PM.