My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i

Swapping Tesla powertrain into my E39

I got you didn't I, lol.
    Hell no, electric I won't go.
    2010 BMW M6 SMG Coupe * Black Saphire Metallic * Full Leather Merino Black
    2019 BMW X3 M40i * Alpine White * Mocha Leather
    Former:
    1997 BMW 532M (528i with 3.2 S52 engine from E36 M3 / 5 speed manual)
    1998 BMW 540i 6 Speed
    2003 BMW M5

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    ^_yes you did. I might have to ban you....LOL.
    Hope all is well down in TN.

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    ^_yes you did. I might have to ban you....LOL.
    Hope all is well down in TN.
    All is well and I hope you and yours are well.
    Who knows, maybe someone wil do electric E39 eventually.
    I'd rather see that then another e39 dying quitely at some junkyard.

My Cars
    e24e30e36e39e90
    Regardless of how you feel about electric now there’s no doubt electric conversion of older/classic vehicles will be big business in the next decade or two. Similar to the restomod trend seen over the last couple of decades. I’ve thought about trying to study up on electric vehicle drive trains so I can be on the pointy end of the spear when demand starts to accelerate, I need to have something to do in retirement.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    I’m with you guys on not really being into electric, combustion rules! But lately, I’ve been toying around with the idea of prepping one of my wagons for electric, if the time comes that these tree hugging pukes get their way, and cut gasoline out of the equation in about ten years. Figure on picking up a wrecked Tesla and snag what you need. At least, if gas gets eliminated, which I really don’t believe it ever will, but if it does, at least I’ll still be able to sport an E39. While at the CES show last week, I saw this plain little booth sporting battery systems made for cars, and mainly commercial vehicles. Could be a good alternate source for the battery system in case the Tesla batteries configuration wont fit into an E39 floor area. Company called Romeo Power. Got some pictures, but these guys were in the way yakking their mouths off, but did get a couple pics to give you an idea of the size of the battery packs.I wanted to speak to the guys, but these pukes just hogged up the time, I never got a chance to double back to the booth.

https://www.romeopower.com/RomeoPower_Brochure01.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by sienayr View Post
    Regardless of how you feel about electric now there’s no doubt electric conversion of older/classic vehicles will be big business in the next decade or two. Similar to the restomod trend seen over the last couple of decades. I’ve thought about trying to study up on electric vehicle drive trains so I can be on the pointy end of the spear when demand starts to accelerate, I need to have something to do in retirement.
    Believe me, I agree with you.
    The simple thought of what kind of world my 12 year old and millions of other kids will be facing in next decades, makes me respect electric, hydrogen and other sources in the future.

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Lol Z! Should have saved this post for April fools day!

I think there was a guy who electrified an E39 a few years ago.
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    The guys in England, he’s already put well over 36,000 miles on his. But he recently tore it all apart, he had a huge DC motor hooked up to a custom bell housing, connected to the transmission that was in the car. He’s completely revamping it, switching to Tesla motors, saw it in a video on Youtube. Crude, but it worked.

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by philly98540 View Post
    Lol Z! Should have saved this post for April fools day!

I think there was a guy who electrified an E39 a few years ago.
    Let's call it a New Year fools day, lol.

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Yeah that’s the guy. It was crude but it worked. I have not seen his upgrade stuff yet.
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post
    The guys in England, he’s already put well over 36,000 miles on his. But he recently tore it all apart, he had a huge DC motor hooked up to a custom bell housing, connected to the transmission that was in the car. He’s completely revamping it, switching to Tesla motors, saw it in a video on Youtube. Crude, but it worked.
    Yup, it took me all of the 15 sec to find it, lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXb5Eoxi_hY
    How did we live without internet...asks my 12 year old daughter at least once a day.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    I'm more excited about the Cummins powered model D Tesla.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    2000 740i/2003 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post
    I’m with you guys on not really being into electric, combustion rules! But lately, I’ve been toying around with the idea of prepping one of my wagons for electric, if the time comes that these tree hugging pukes get their way, and cut gasoline out of the equation in about ten years. Figure on picking up a wrecked Tesla and snag what you need. At least, if gas gets eliminated, which I really don’t believe it ever will, but if it does, at least I’ll still be able to sport an E39. While at the CES show last week, I saw this plain little booth sporting battery systems made for cars, and mainly commercial vehicles. Could be a good alternate source for the battery system in case the Tesla batteries configuration wont fit into an E39 floor area. Company called Romeo Power. Got some pictures, but these guys were in the way yakking their mouths off, but did get a couple pics to give you an idea of the size of the battery packs.I wanted to speak to the guys, but these pukes just hogged up the time, I never got a chance to double back to the booth.

https://www.romeopower.com/RomeoPower_Brochure01.pdf
    I don’t think it will be all electric in our lifetime (I’m gen Z too). No way in hell it will be in America, since land is so vast. As for if you want to stop those pukes getting their way, just start off with extinguishing the politicians who get kickbacks and do insider trading with companies that make Chinese batteries and EV companies. Preferably with a guillotine, rope, tar+feathers, or a 9mm which is cheapest. For a country that is all about Laissez-faire, people here sure like to roll over and show your bellies when politicians and eco warriors snarl. Oh well, more government control will be seen soon with the EVs since they’re all connected to the grid with AIs. If we are talking about by joule which form of car is more efficient, it is petrol. If we are talking about which car is cleaner to build per CO2 and kg, definitely petrol wins again by a long shot. Who cares though? More government control.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW540san View Post
    Yup, it took me all of the 15 sec to find it, lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXb5Eoxi_hY
    How did we live without internet...asks my 12 year old daughter at least once a day.
    Haha! The young ones who grew up with it, have got to think that we are from the dark ages, or something.

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    I got you didn't I, lol.
    Hell no, electric I won't go.
    Whoah ….
    Although , Snotty is seriously wanting to do this …

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    2002, e21, e30, e36, e46
    ...I'd do it to a commuter, as I go about 25 miles each way, each day....

Like, if there was a 528 in the driveway with a blown motor and slipping trans.

And a wrecked Tesla sitting next to it.

t

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    All is well and I hope you and yours are well.
    Who knows, maybe someone wil do electric E39 eventually.
    I'd rather see that then another e39 dying quitely at some junkyard.
    Already been done by this guy in Ireland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM94...vSGyibmyiA26bj

He's done a great job with the swap and has done some even better swaps since then as well. He did a Tesla rear drive unit in an e31.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    1999 e39 520iA
    The croatian dude did a far better job than the british fella. Much more oem and just much better.

https://youtu.be/3MYpo7rCd2w

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    ^very impressive build. attention to details!!

My Cars
    1999 e39 520iA
    Quote Originally Posted by philly98540 View Post
    ^very impressive build. attention to details!!
    Check out his channel and his first video on the car, it's interesting. I posted just a generic one. He has a video where he explains the charging port circuit. Interesting, really interesting.
    Dude is really good.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk