Hello everyone, thank you in advance for any help. First things first, I have searched, all over the place, but I can't quite seem to find someone else with the exact same issue, and some similar ones I have found, the thread seems to be a decade old and dead before there is a resolution.

My wife's X5 4.8i runs and drives well, with no issues, until suddenly every light on the dash comes on, as well as multiple transmission, AWD, ABS, etc warnings on the media screen. At that point, the car will begin running horribly, and she'll have just a few moments to get the car pulled over, and then it'll just die. It won't restart, and acts like a dead battery, sometimes lights and other accessories continue to work, other times, it doesn't have enough voltage to put the car in neutral. The quick fix is one of two things. If I use a jump pack to start the car, it fires right up, and goes on it's way as if nothing happened. If a jump pack isn't available, we can just leave the car for an hour or two, as is, do nothing, return, and it fires right up, again as if nothing has happened.

The first thing I did, was replace the battery with an Interstate MTP-48/H6 (I believe, or whatever interstate AGM matches the E70 specs.) I did register the battery with my Launch X431 Pro. The problem returned. I then made sure the car is plugged into an AGM charger anytime it is not in use. The problem persists. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason regarding conditions or time, sometimes it occurs after a couple quick trips in the same day, other times after an hour and a half of cross town driving in traffic.

The only clue which may or may not be relevant, she notices sometimes when she gets into her car, her clocks are reset to 00:00, and seems to notice that the problem occurs more often if this has happened first.

Symptoms usually begin with 4WD warning in cluster and MFD. Next, usually power steering gets stiff, climate control shuts down, and then cascades from there.

Thanks again for any assistance and insight, I plan to see this through to the end in order to contribute to the knowledge base.