My Cars
    2019 BMW X5 x40i m

CPO X5 slightly damaged during transport

I recently purchased my CPO 2019 X5 x40i m series from a dealership in California and had it shipped via a auto transport company to me in Connecticut. I hoped for the best but of course, with my luck...it arrived with some minor scuffs to the wheel rims (probably from loading/unloading and a nick in the door panel (looks like from a rock). I plan on making the auto transport company liable and have them pay for repairs and am in the process of contacting them.

My question is, will this repair show up on a Carfax report as an accident or damage making my car less valuable if I needed to sell it? It really would suck if that is the case. I haven't even driven it and it will possibly get a damage report?! What are my options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This X5 is going to be my pride and joy...it's fully loaded with all packages and I am super bummed at the moment that this has happened.

My Cars
    '94 325iC, '08 328i, E93
    Pics?

CPO does not negate any chance of minor scuffs or nicks. Unless you have pics of before and after the transport, I don't think you will get any satisfaction from them.

I'm not sure, but Carfax data comes from the insurance company, so if this is outside of the automobile collision/comprehensive/liability coverage, then it should never show up on Carfax.