Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boogity boogity boogity, lets go racing!!!!

My Cars
    N/A
    Can’t wait for the new season. Will be interesting to see if the changes in aero will actually create better racing. Supposed to. Fewer dirty air effects and tires are supposed to perform better and not overheat.

My Cars
    2000 EuroSport RHD 540it
    I just cant wait for next year, there is a possibility, albeit long one, that instead of 2 drivers racing for the championship there are 3-5 teams with both drivers fighting for the championship. Imagine if we went into the season finale with 4+ drivers fighting for the championship and 3-5 teams fighting for the team championship. This year was insane, imagine entering 2 additional drivers and up to 3 additional teams to that drama
    Current:
    2000 RHD Euro Sport Slicktop 540it Glacier Green/Black
    2009 LHD e92 335i Sport Black/Black

Former:
    1997 5sp locker 4Runner Green/Beige
    1991 Buick Park Avenue Gold/Beige

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by workhurts View Post
    Can’t wait for the new season. Will be interesting to see if the changes in aero will actually create better racing. Supposed to. Fewer dirty air effects and tires are supposed to perform better and not overheat.
    I really hope the ground effect delivers on its promises. If it goes well enough they might even get rid of DRS
    Quote Originally Posted by mateo8 View Post
    I just cant wait for next year, there is a possibility, albeit long one, that instead of 2 drivers racing for the championship there are 3-5 teams with both drivers fighting for the championship. Imagine if we went into the season finale with 4+ drivers fighting for the championship and 3-5 teams fighting for the team championship. This year was insane, imagine entering 2 additional drivers and up to 3 additional teams to that drama
    I don't see that happening in year 1, but I'd love to be wrong
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    M3TTst2Meth-K1300S-1100G
    Quote Originally Posted by workhurts View Post
    That’s a cool plot. It does look like Hamilton could accelerate out of every turn faster.
    correct and also shows max late braking which is exactly how he got by him twice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    This is the explanation:

The RB makes significantly more rear downforce at the expense of top speed. This also tends to overheat the rear tires. To try and close the gap to Mercedes in top speed and reduce tire temps, RB trimmed the rear wing down. The car was fast over a single lap but couldn't maintain pace without melting the tires. That's why Verstappen couldn't keep up even when the compound was to his advantage in the middle of the race.
    Interesting
    the only time Max took about 1 second per lap off him was near the end with fresh tires. Even that didn't last...as his tires lost the edge it looked like he was even with a car that had wasted tires...and then the safety car gift...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12