Thread: Tuner's flash program keeps crashing, but ms4x flasher seems to be working fine....

My Cars
    '99 528iT

Tuner's flash program keeps crashing, but ms4x flasher seems to be working fine....

Purchased a tune from a fairly reputable tuner down in Miami, and his tune process starts by downloading his version of the ms4x flasher. I can get DTC codes fine from it, but when I go to pull the "full download" from the DME it crashes upon completion of download. I can pull the raw binary just fine with the ms4x.net flasher but am getting the same error with his flash tool no matter what I am doing. Different computers, virus exclusions, different dme's, etc.

And of course he won't tune the raw binary from the ms4x flasher, that would be too easy. And on top of that, I feel like he isn't being super helpful. Any pointers?
    '89 535i/5 Zinnober
    an 4Runner

My Cars
    1997 BMW 540i 6 speed
    Sounds like he's a flake. Cancel your credit card charge and move on.

Ed in San Jose '97 540i 6 speed aspensilber over aubergine leather. Build date 3/97. Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA Nr 62319.

My Cars
    00 M5 | 03 540i | 94 NSX
    If a tuner can't even pull the binary from your ECU you need to find someone more competent.

My Cars
    '99 528iT
    He is having his coder write a debugger to see what the issue is, there is something happening with the car that he hasn't seen before.

We shall see how it goes. If he can't figure something out in the next few days i'll find a different tuner. Sucks as he's reputable in the community.
    '89 535i/5 Zinnober
    an 4Runner