Thread: New member

My Cars
    Infiniti Q60 RedSport

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and the way things look now will be a first time BMW owner in a few months. To make a long story short, I have an Infiniti 2017 Q60 RedSport, 35k miles, immaculately maintained. Really love the car but getting the itch to get a new car. Something that is a lot more refined and powerful. I was cross shopping the BMW M4 and Audi RS5 and based on my research and talking with friends who have owned earlier models of both cars I favor the M4. I called around and as expected there are NO cars anywhere to test drive or buy. So fast forward a few weeks, I get a call from my local dealership and they had a deal fall through on a 2022 M4 competition, with xdrive, convertible and they wanted to know i was interested. Went right over and looked at car. They would not let me test drive it because it had some recall but I got to sit in it and play with the tech. Was impressed with layout. I actually like the grill I did not like the color combo and was not about to drop that kind of cash on a car that was not perfect for me. The sales person told me that they had an allocation for a January build with possible March delivery so I put a 1000 dollar deposit down (refundable) and built a 2022 M4 competition, xdrive, convertible with parking assist, executive and interior carbon fiber packages in Dravit Grey with Silverstone/Black interior. Red brake calipers. Dealership selling car at MSRP. I am waiting to hear from them about test driving the car on the lot once the recall is cleared (some software update). If I cant test drive that car I can test drive my car and if I dont like it walk away as they said they can sell it in 5 mins to someone else My only real concern is how harsh the ride will be as a daily driver (commute to work, run errands, some fun spirited driving down A1A) and how reliable are these cars post warranty. Any and all comments welcome.

Also, I am new to buying such a nice car. When the dealer says they have an allocation and I see my build on the BMW website but it does not have a date yet on their website does that mean it is likely to be built on the noted date/month (January) and if so should I expect delays in shipping and delivering?

Has anyone picked up their car and done the driving school in S Carolina? That was offered to me. Curious what the experience was like.

Thanks for any input.

Dave

My Cars
    bmw m440IX conv
    Dave somewhat similar situation here coming from a m37x 2013 Infiniti worried about a harsher ride in a BMW 4 series convertible. I test drove a 2021 M430I 2 door coupe and found the ride to be very comfortable i expect the M4401x convertible i ordered to have a similar ride quality. I ordered car in early August and manufacturing just started in last week. I cant predict when your car will be built but that production # on web site will give you the info as to manufacturing progress. Any predictions might have some BS in them but i do believe the info on the web site. M competition may ride differently the standard M4 you need to ask dealer about that. The ports are backlogged neither you nor I are special ,our cars will get caught in the same mess the rest of the world is in for transportation and delivery. Dave you know the facts about BMW reliability from various magazines and websites its a crap shoot. I will be nearly 75 when my warranty runs out i don't care, you seem to be a bit younger and you have accumulated enough money to buy a 100g car you know the answer