Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Possible bad IVM Module?

My Cars
    650I

Possible bad IVM Module?

Hey guys, 2007 BMW 650I 125k miles. Since buying the car online (seller didn't disclose these issues) I've been trying to resolve these codes that come up in ISTA +. In addition I'm getting the yellow brake light and stability control alert as well.

I've double checked connections as well. Every time I re-test modules in ISTA + I get different results. Was curious if these were culprits of a bad IVM module. See the screenshots, most are minutes apart.

1st scan:

Cleared codes, re-tested modules with car in run mode but not running

Went and got fuel shortly after, first time ever getting the steering lockout message. I was able to reset it with ISTA + and get home

Tested modules again, back to square one.

These codes were on before, but I recently replaced a broken rocker arm and during that time I had the battery unhooked for several days while waiting for the part. That may be the reason for the steering lockout message.

Any direction or advice much appreciated! If nothing I may just throw $100 at the IVM module, replace that and see what happens.

MDR629 is offline Just Go Faster BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36 M3, E61 535, E66 760
    I understand you're using pirated ISTA, but it won't read KL 15 voltage? I guess I'm used to the real deal.

Hard to tell if your ISTA version is wonky or you have voltage supply issues. Check your battery is properly secured (it should not budge a millimeter if you force it around by hand) and the terminals are tight.
    Interests include: Any VIN beginning with "WBS", any engine code with a "7" as the second digit, any Individual car, and all things Touring.
    http://www.bavarianspecialties.com

My Cars
    650I
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR629 View Post
    I understand you're using pirated ISTA, but it won't read KL 15 voltage? I guess I'm used to the real deal.

Hard to tell if your ISTA version is wonky or you have voltage supply issues. Check your battery is properly secured (it should not budge a millimeter if you force it around by hand) and the terminals are tight.
    I didn't know my version was a pirated version, I purchased it from https://www.bimmerdiagnostics.com/

Anways battery is good, not sure where else to look.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    PM Balidawg about your software. He’s the guru in these parts.