eBMWParts

Thread: MaxSpeedingRods

My Cars
    E36 Saloon

MaxSpeedingRods

So I am fortunate enough to have some very good sponsors so I would like to take this time to shout out MaxSpeedingRods for taking there time to work with me on my new project. I also can’t lie, this is my first ever review/install tutorial thing I have written so it might be a all over the place 😅

The Coilovers I’m question are

MaXpeedingRods

https://www.maxpeedingrods.co.uk/product/high-performance-lowering-coilover-for-bmw-e36-325is-325ic-325i-328i-shock-strut-adjustable-red.html?tracking=capon

But anyway.

The First initial presentation of Maxspeeding rods coilovers they are just as good as any normal brand coilover. Great packaging, high quality materials, and everything feels and looks quality, they are packed really well in very decent packaging with a cute little logo and stuff on the box which I give a 10/10 for as they do look super legit. Once you have opened the box and have gotten through a fair bit of packaging you get to the coilovers themselves, Which is my case we’re the 24 way adjustable coilovers that retail for about £505. And now your probably think wow, £505? When In reality maxspeeding rods will always hook you up with a sick deal so your probably gonna be paying around the £350 - £450 mark and I think that it is reasonably cheap considering how well and how good these things are made, I was super surprised myself honestly!

A normal install should take you about 3-4 hours, or if your me it takes all day because I was also installing drift mods that didn’t want to work properly with my chassis properly 😂 and before putting them on make sure that all of the other hardware on it is tightened as you wouldn’t want anything coming loose as it will only be factory spec tight, and I can’t stress this enough because after a few days when they start settling they will start to come loose so just make sure you have tools handy to tighten A few things up. If your looking for proper install tutorial it’s best to find something in youtube as I feel watching something is a lot more beneficial for me than reading it, but if you do have any questions please feel free to ask and I’ll try my best to answer 😅

With these coilovers and top mounts you can adjust Height, Dampening, spring rate as well as how much camber. In my case the factory setting was quite a lot because I was running e46 lower arms, so I brought it in quite a bit. But they do sit very nicely on my car and you can literally adjust them to any hight you want, from full on stance boy to just above stock body height. When they were originally fitted I had them all on standard suspension height with the damping adjusted all the way to stiff just so I could allow them to settle, but after about a week with me daily driving on them I did bring the car down about 2 1/2 inches and adjusted the spring rate and damping for a much smoother ride. So currently I am sitting reasonably low with 16 inch wheels, I will be going lower once my full body kit and wheels have arrived, so I’m a few weeks time I’ll make an addition to this post with photos to show you how the car doing. But my Plans are to have

17inch Advan SA3R’s

KZ Klee Body kit with ducktail

Coilovers adjusted down another 2 inches or so, so I will have Maybe 1/2 inch to an inch ground clearance so I can be extra stance boi

I think for the price of the coilovers you really can’t complain, I have used a fair few well know budget coilover brands and this is by far one of the best I have ever used, I was considering forming out £700-£800 for some HSD’s but honestly I don’t think I need to as these have everything I need and half the price, I was honestly so shocked at how well the build quality is on these coilovers like even down to having the spanners painted and finished in the same paint as the springs themselves. And I honestly haven’t really had any issues with them. I’m getting to my 3rd week of daily driving and a bit of drifting on them now and they still feel like I’ve just got them out the box. And honestly it beats the stock e36 boaty suspension that they all have. The car handles like a complete different car now, with super snappy suspension which makes it easier for turning corners as well as drifting so for that I give them a 10/10.

I am very much looking forward to working with the team at MaxSpeedingRods again for some of my future projects and I would Highly suggest that anyone looking to get some high quality budget coilovers to hit up MaxSpeedingRods because these are by far better than ANY budgets on the market at the moment and they feel just as good as professional standard coilovers.

I was unable to post any photos to go with this forum thread but if you want them or have any questions please feel free to ask
    Last edited by SCapon1; 12-06-2021 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Wrong link