BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 2008 e60 528i 6 speed manual sport package - near Philly, Baltimore, DC areas

My Cars
    Lexus GX470

2008 e60 528i 6 speed manual sport package - near Philly, Baltimore, DC areas

Sold
    104k miles

Selling a fairly rare 2008 Platinum Gray / Black Dakota Leather 528i 6 speed manual sport sedan. I searched the entire east coast before buying and wanted a manual e60 sedan without the hassle of owning an M5. It was an original owner car for 9 years, the gentleman I bought it from is a BMW 5 series enthusiast who specially ordered this and took delivery in Germany and drove around Europe. I bought it 4 years ago and had a PPI done, had it shipped to Austin, and then had it shipped to PA where we live now. Have only driven 1400 miles since purchasing. Selling because I need the space and don't have time to drive it. Now the kids are getting older and into a million activities, it’s time to move the car onto the next caretaker. No trades please, need the space.

Exterior
    The paint is in nice glossy condition. I believe it has been garaged most of its life. I had it paint corrected / detailed in Austin and they did an excellent job. There is one small ding on the passenger side, and on the hood, it didn't photograph well. There are 2 clear coat scratches on the passenger side. I added the M-Sport body kit and had a shop paint/install, no front plate was ever installed, so the front/rear bumper/side skirts are in beautiful condition with really no chips since this was only done maybe 1000 miles ago. Paint match is excellent, I'm not totally impressed with the front bumper fitment (it's pretty darn good, can probably be tightened) but I'm extremely picky so just want to mention. The gloss black SR Racing wheels really pop and have only 1000 miles on them and chose Michelin Pilot sport tires ($1k) as I had these on a previous M3. (that car went to a collector)

Interior / Features
    The interior is very clean. No gouges, scratches, etc. on the dash, doors, shift boot. There is a small chip in the center console trim, this was there when I purchased the car and has never become larger. It appears the passenger seat hasn't had much use. The driver seat is in great condition, and the bolsters aren't showing wear. The headliner is clean with no sag or imperfections. The trunk is also clean. The stereo works fine and while I don't think it sounds that great, it wasn't worth pulling out. The sports package adds the blacked out trim and the sport seats with lumbar support are great on road trips. The original owner raved about the seats.

Mechanical
    The car runs, drives, and shifts nicely. I went up to 90 last week and it has way plenty of pull left, and smooth (like all BMW sixes) at full tilt. Just don't expect turbo or v8 pull. The clutch feels and linkage feel solid and the brakes haul the car down when needed. All controls, switches, etc. operate as intended.

Maintenance / Repairs
    This car has been professionally maintained its entire life. Here in PA, I had the serpentine belt done and belt tensioners replaced by a reputable indy BMW shop. They also checked everything and replaced fluids as needed.
    Modifications
    • ESR Racing rims, wrapped in 245/35/19 (front) and 275/35/19 (rear) Michelin Pilot Sports (AS3+). The wheels and tires only have around a thousand miles and look new.
    • M-Sport body kit. (reproduction, not OEM)
    • Custom Ultimate Pedals (don't get any better then these)
    • Blacked out trunck 528i badge
    • Blacked out grills

Attention items:
    • Needs new headlights or replacement lenses. I tried restoring them with a kit. You can replace with OEM style or perhaps aftermarket.
    • Carfax report has a ding, the owner was involved in a fender bender pulling out of his driveway that scraped the side. He brought it to BMW for repair. Not on Carfax, he had a small tree branch fall on the roof, that was repaired to his satisfaction. To a trained eye, you can see it....but it really would need to be pointed out. The original owner's shop is still reporting they are serving this car lol, they have opened a ticket with CarFax to fix and have sent that to me.
    • Very slow oil drip...maybe I don't drive the car enough, but it's minor and does not impact oil level whatsoever. My M3 did this too.

Included:
    • The original style 162 rims come with the car. (no tires on them)
    • Never installed BC Racing coilovers. It's been a while, but I recall spending all night researching them and couldn't find anything specifically negative about the ones purchased. They seem high quality for the money spent. Never got around to installing them so they are included.
    • Full size spare wheel/tire for the trunk with scissor jack
    • OEM BMW Msport shifter
    • Smoked clear corners
    • ECS rear spacers
    • Owner’s manual and large folder of maintenance receipts, window sticker
    • Spare key, I believe there is 2 of them

It is increasingly rare to find examples like this that haven’t been ragged out and modded. It's getting harder to find manual transmission sedans too. The inline six N52 has proven itself to be extremely reliable in these cars.

The car is located about 75 minutes from Philadelphia and Baltimore. I can help facilitate flying in and driving out. The title is in-hand of course and ready to transfer. If you are seriously interested in the car please reach out, zeptaylor at gmail, and I’ll do my best to answer questions. Thanks for reading.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JT3; 11-29-2021 at 12:29 AM. Reason: car sold a few weeks after post
    sold: 97 M3 Boston Green/Modena
    Bilstein PSS9 coilovers - LTW rims - X-Brace - Redline Leather Boot - ZHP Knob - Depo Lights - ECS 10mm front spacers - TMS rotors and stainless lines

2008 528i 6 speed
    ESR Rims - Michelin Pilot Tires - M-Sport kit