Thread: New User/New 2021 X1

My Cars
    2021 BMW X1

New User/New 2021 X1

Hello everyone. I am new to this site (but not new to Auto forums). My wife and I are located in the Seattle area, and we will be picking up our brand new 2021 BMW X1 xDrive28i on Monday. The vehicle is currently in transit from California, and it is scheduled to arrive tonight/tomorrow morning. We are looking forward to getting it. The only options it has are the Convenience Package, and the Heated Front Seats and Steering wheel. That is actually perfect for my wife and I. The color is Alpine White.

We were just in Germany visiting our oldest son, his wife, and our granddaughter, and they have such an X1 (it is Hybrid, and also has the Parking Assist option). So, we have experienced it. As soon as I got into the car, I was in heaven! My wife did mention a few months ago that she wanted an SUV, but some of the ones we have seen have a step that is too high for her. But the X1 is perfect regarding that.

Now, I do have a question. I tried to do some research about changing the Cabin Air filter, but it is unclear where it is located. From what I understand, it is either "inside" the engine, or behind the glove box. If it is inside the engine, then it is easy to change. But if it is behind the glove box, it is somewhat of a project to change it. I of course understand that I will not have to worry about it for a while, but still would like to know. I also realize I might have to wait until we get the vehicle. But if anyone can provide assistance with it, that would be good.

I also will need to know how to change the air filter. On our 2013 Toyota Camry, and on our 2005 Mercedes Benz CLK 320 (will be trading it in for the X1), both the Cabin Air Filter and the Air Filter are easy to change, especially on the Toyota. I will also need to know about fuse locations. I suspect that will be explained in the manual.

We are getting the vehicle at a "decent" price. With the discount they are taking off the MSRP, the $2000 Military discount (I am a veteran), and the amount they are giving us for our trade in, the final price, not quite $37,800 out the door, is reasonable. About $4426 of that is for Washington State Sales Tax and Title/License. The only true extra fee is the $150 "Doc Fee". Unfortunately, there was hardly any room for negotiation (did it while we were in Germany, all through EMail).
    Last edited by martybyrde; 10-15-2021 at 08:45 PM.