BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 2008 Mini Cooper w/ Extras

My Cars
    2008 Mini Cooper S

2008 Mini Cooper w/ Extras

Car is sold!

It’s time for me to sell my 2008 Mini Cooper S. Buyers should note – this car runs and drives right now but needs some mechanical work to be fully road-worthy again. I’m hoping that it will go to someone who isn’t afraid to invest a little time and effort to get it back on the road as a reliable driver, the way it has been for me for the past 8 years.
    The car presents really nicely as you’ll see in the photos. It’s clean on the inside and out, although it was a daily for me so there are some rock chips and minor dents. I’ve blacked out all the chrome trim but that’s all reversible if you don’t like the look. The engine runs strong and pulls hard, and the transmission and clutch both feel great. The suspension is tight, and it rides like a Mini should. Fuel mileage is consistently 30 mpg or higher, normally hitting 32 and often getting as high as 34 mpg (I’ve tracked it manually for 6 years).

Like I said, the car will need a little work before it’s road-worthy again. There is an oil leak coming from the turbocharger, which I suspect is from the oil return line that I might have failed to seat properly. The turbo internals are all within spec. I’m sure of this because I had the turbo rebuilt 3 years ago by G-Pop Shop in Kentucky, and just sent it back to them to inspect it and make sure it wasn’t the source of the leak. There is also a coolant leak, again which I think might just be an old hose running up to the expansion tank. The engine does consume oil, which is common with these N14 engines. There is also a light rattle from the engine, which sounds to me like the timing chain should at least be inspected. Tools required for this job are included with the car.

I’m happy to provide further details about the condition of the car on request.

At asking price, this car comes with a slew of spare parts, special tools, an extra set of wheels with snow tires, and a pile of Mini swag. Details of all of this below.

Firstly, the car itself:
    2008 R56 Cooper S – stock and never modified
    1.6L Turbo 4-cylinder
    6-speed manual
    165,000 miles
    Clean title

Some nice features including:
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Heated Seats
    Heated Mirrors
    Bluetooth Connectivity
    Stock 16” Wheels with TPMS and Continental WinterContact Tires
    Motegi SP10 17” Wheels, recently refinished in powdercoat gloss black, with TPMS and Firestone Firehawks, TPMS, and locking wheel lugs

Recent maintenance includes:
    Complete A/C revamp by Mini of Mt. Laurel – blows cold
    Thermostat housing
    Catalytic converter
    Front shocks
    Clutch/Flywheel
    Transmission replaced
    Tie Rod Ends
    Valve Cover Gasket

Spare parts that come with the car at asking price:
    Akebono/Zimmerman Brake Kit for all 4 corners, which includes rotors, pads, and sensors
    BSH Oil Catch Can (never installed)
    Clutch Master Cylinder
    Clutch Slave Cylinder
    Cravenspeed Oil Dipstick
    Bilstein Rear Struts
    Vacuum Lines
    Continental Serpentine Belt
    Tie Rod End
    2 Oil Filter Sets
    About 1.5 gallons of BMW/MINI branded concentrate coolant
    In total, this is over $1000 in parts

Also comes with a couple of special tools at asking price:
    Clutch alignment tool
    Crankshaft holding tool
    Camshaft/Flywheel locking tools

Lastly, I have a bunch of MINI swag that I got from another enthusiast, and I’d be willing to include this in the sale for the right buyer:
    A couple of dealerships banners, would be really cool as décor for a garage
    Bocce Set
    New Owner’s Welcome Kit
    1976 Mini Miniature
    Posters/Magazines
    Tote Bags

You can see all of the included parts/tools/swag in the images. As I mentioned, I love this car and I hate to part with it. I would continue to work on it myself and I’m confident the issues are all solvable, but unfortunately my personal situation right now doesn’t afford me the time to invest into it.

I would love to sell the whole shebang – car, parts, both sets of wheels, tools, and swag – together, but I’m willing to negotiate on price and what’s included.

I know this has been a long post, but if you’ve made it all the way down here, maybe this is the car for you. Get in touch with me and let’s talk.

7V7A1911 (Large).jpg7V7A1908 (Large).jpg7V7A1900 (Large).jpg7V7A1951 (Large).jpg7V7A1981 (Large).jpg
    Last edited by bmd11; 01-07-2022 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Car sold

My Cars
    2008 Mini Cooper S
    Car is sold.