Thread: New 650i Owner, need advice on Car Lift

My Cars
    2009 BMW 528xi

New 650i Owner, need advice on Car Lift

Just picked up a E63, 90K, needs windshield and transmission work, but good otherwise. Bought it after reviewing Timm's video checklists (Thanks! )

Question is, trying to decide between a QuickJack https://www.quickjack.com/ and EZ Car Lift https://www.ezcarlift.com/ , and I'm looking for opinions of those who have bought/tried them. Of for that matter, if you know of anything better, I would appreciate hearing about that as well.

My current situation:
    Semi-retired, my son and I like to work on various vehicles
    Obscenely small suburban two-car garage, lacking in both height and width
    I really like the MaxJack, but it's NOT an option in my current garage
    I need something that doesn't require a forklift to get it off the delivery truck
    I will fully retire in 1 1/2 years, whereupon I will move to a smaller house with a bigger, better garage, and I will then buy a proper two-point lift
    The scissor lifts I have seen (HF, et.al) are NOT an option, I need to do occasional transmission work, and they are also too heavy to move around
    The two options I'm considering look like I can easily roll them out to the driveway on nice days?

We regularly work on a WIDE variety of vehicles for family and friends:
    Porsche 944
    BMW 528xi
    BMW 650i
    Mazda Miata
    Ford Escape(s)
    Misc Toyotas

I THINK I've figured out which cross spacers I need for the EZ Car Lift. However, I haven't quite figured out which model of the QuickJack would be best, I've read that only the 5000 model is short enough for the Miata, but may or may not work for the longer vehicles.

I really like the idea of the greater clearance of the EZ Car lift, and being able to slide under the car from the side, vs only from the end. I also realize that the EZ Car Lift is more expensive, but it seems like the QuickJack is going to require some add-ons if you're using a wide variety of vehicles??

Anyway, I have the budget to get either one, I'm looking for thoughts, opinions and suggestions.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 528xi
    Damn...Not a lot of help available around here.

But to help future searchers: The Quicklifts are in short supply, not all models are available right now. The EZ car lift is made in America, so it ships pretty quickly. I was able to get the designer on the phone, nice guy, and he told me how to configure my order so I only needed a single crossbar, and a limited number of extras.

Received my order in less than a week, and I'm pretty damn happy with it!

My Cars
    94 530/5 4.0
    Yeah, having owned a number of E34/90/53s, this forum doesn't get near the traffic of those models. Someone would probably say 650 owners aren't DIYers by nature but apparently you and I are exceptions to the rule.

Nearly one year later, any reviews on the EZ? Anything you would have done different? I'm in the market myself.