Thread: Service records, not on Carfax

My Cars
    Audi's & a Porsche

Service records, not on Carfax

Hello all from the states, I spent weekends in Windsor, between 19 and 21 lol guess what I was doing and have traveled throughout the southern part of Ontario a number of times, can't wait to visit again soon.

Anyways I'm looking at 2 different x3 m40i both imported via auction from Canada, Ontario and Quebec to be specific. Both are 18' and both have about 58k miles.

The first dealer here, told me often Canadian dealers don't use Carfax so it only shows title and registration info.

I thought that was a load and found another one from Quebec with the same issue .. lack of service.

I doubt these cars have no service history but am at a loss as to getting the info. I did call a bmw service dept and was told they only could pull there own dealer records which is strange but plausible. Do you think BMW Canada or NA hq could help? Or would it take a phone call too each center and hopefully find the right one?

On a side note, possibly I get lucky and find a prior owner here? I have the vin's if anyone wants those.

My Cars
    2010 Nissan Xterra S 4x4
    That's BS. We definitely use Carfax up here.

My Cars
    92 735iL (12/1991)
    Service info will only appear on the Carfax if the shop recorded it. Most dealers do, but if the previous owner used an independent shop for service it probably won't appear on the Carfax report. I'm looking to buy a Honda Odyssey and the Carfax report had no service either, it's not unique to BMWs.

90,700 miles 1992 BMW 735iL Azure Blue Metallic with Silver Grey leather interior ‣My car ‣My YouTube channel