Thread: Top Factors to Consider Before Getting a BMW Extended Warranty

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Lightbulb Top Factors to Consider Before Getting a BMW Extended Warranty

You’re likely here because you recently invested in a luxury BMW and are curious about how to keep your car protected and in great condition. What can you do to ensure your car keeps running as smooth and looking as good as the day you brought it home? Looking into purchasing an extended warranty for … Continue reading Top Factors to Consider Before Getting a BMW Extended Warranty →
    See more at www.bimmerforums.com - The Ultimate BMW Forum

More...

My Cars
    1987 325
    The article was all obvious pap, "...different levels of coverage", "....ask to see the excursion list...", blah blah.
    Could someone simply provide a recommendation for a 3rd party warranty company that they have had good results with?
    I've been sifting through multiple forums, looking for simple recommendations, and all I find is so much blather....
    DO YOU HAVE THE NAME OF A COMPANY THAT DELIVERED GOOD COVERAGE SERVICE????
    Thank you.

My Cars
    z3
    Aftermarket warranty companies by their very nature are designed to pay you less than you pay them. That is their entire business model. If they paid out $5k for every customer who paid $3k they would be out of business. As such, you are almost always better off taking the money you would spend on an aftermarket warranty and putting it in the piggy bank for a rainy day. These companies will fight you tooth and nail any time you need work done. They have entire teams of people on staff whose sole job it is to find reasons they cant pay out for your repair work.

It is true that there are occasional exceptions - there need to be, otherwise nobody would have faith in those companies. So yes sometimes they do pay out more than they are paid in by a customer. But this is a rare circumstance and I personally wouldn't want to spend thousands at an aftermarket warranty company on the gamble that I'm going to be that one "special" customer

The only extended warranty coverage I'd ever consider is exactly that, extended warranty coverage from the BMW dealer itself. The BMW dealer already made money on you from the sale and more so the financing of the vehicle so they already made money on you, plus they only have to pay their internal costs on parts and labor so their out of pocket cost is lower per repair and as a result these extended warranties tend to pay out much more favorably than aftermarket warranties. Plus in the event your car is sold back to them as a CPO they would prefer to keep it in good condition. The only catch of course is that cars suitable for this type of coverage also tend to be newer and in many cases may not benefit from the coverage simply because they are too new for some of those parts to be failing.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Yep, lots of money made from this insurance. Big commissions for whoever sells it. Shops will still expect YOU to be responsible for payment.
    Save your premiums, collect interest and pay for any repairs yourself. Odds are you'll come out ahead.
    If a NEW car needs this you shouldn't be buying that car.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    VW TDI and Dodge Dart
    Matt Cramer
    1997 BMW 328i convertible, 1972 Chevy C10 pickup, 1966 Dodge Dart slant six
    BMW - where "Why doesn't everybody build cars the way they do?" meets "Why can't they build a car the same way everyone else does it?"