Thread: E36 M3 OBII RMS supercharger RMS stage 2 (10 PSI)

My Cars
    E36 M3

E36 M3 OBII RMS supercharger RMS stage 2 (10 PSI)

E36 M3 Supercharger Kit - $4500 (recently rebuilt blower, 1K miles)
    This was sold to me by one of the forum members, Ivan, and I never installed it. I am getting out of the E36 and have had the kit sitting in my garage for ~5+ years. I have a video series on uninstallation that Ivan made for me that I can share with buyer on google drive. Kit is located in Sacramento. I can't get my old BF account logged in and might not be able to receive PM/DMs. I am including his old ad below. I did drive Ivan's car with the kit and it was very addicting. Just never had the money and time to throw it on. My cell # fiv threee oh - nine sixx sixx - sixteenn ninety 8.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...for-my-OBD2-M3

What is it?
    What I have here is a stage 2 RMS supercharger kit with highly sought after Technique Tuning (NickG) Stage 2+ software. The package works very, very well.

What cars does it fit?
    - 1996-1999 BMW M3's US models ONLY with S52B32 motors

Cool, how much power does it make?
    - First time I installed everything and took it to the dyno, it only made around 320 wheel hp and 280 wheel ft/lbs of torque (I have the DYNO graph sheet available upon request).
    - NOTE: This was with NO aftercooling, 7lbs of boost and disconnected vacuum line on the fuel pressure regulator, which starved my motor of fuel. I got too busy to take it to the dyno when everything was done correctly but I can definitely tell the difference in the power! The above information can be supported with DYNO sheets upon request
    - the kit and the software, however, are capable of making 420 whp depending on the boost level.

Where it's at now:
    - The kit is currently in 2 boxes in my garage. I never installed it.
    - Currently the kit makes 10-10.5psi of boost depending on the temperature outside (see attached pictures of gauges - run made at 89F outside)
    - Air Fuel Ratios (AFR) are in the low 11's/upper 10's depending on the temperature outside (see attached pictures of gauges). These are appropriate values due to excellent tuning software
    - Right now the car is making around 380 whp (due to smaller crank pulley of 5.25 inches and 10 psi of boost) but capable of around 420 whp as seen on Technique Tuning website under "software" --> "E36 M3 supercharger software" --> Stage 2+ graph

The good:
    - this is a complete, fully functioning, package that comes with arguably the best tuning software out there - TT by NickG
    - this package is capable of making up to 420 wheel horse power depending on the boost level!
    - it is hella fun!

The bad:
    - the supercharger head unit does make a "clunk" noise. Before you freak out, however, let me assure you that I went to great lengths of diagnosing and figuring out the cause of this. After much research, an expert machinist (who manufactures airplane parts, btw) inspected the gears of the unit and said that there is a micro-bend in one of the teeth of the supercharger. We corrected the micro-bend a little and polished the tooth which resulted in reduction of the "clunk". He recommended me to leave it the way it is as it is neither dangerous for the blower or the motor. I understand if some of you feel uneasy about this. I did, too - believe me! But after an expert opinion and a full tear down of the blower I can personally say this with confidence - the sound is a little odd but in no way harmful! You can only hear the "clunk" at idle, btw
    - to make 420 whp you would need a 6 inch crank pulley instead of my 5.25 inch in order to make more boost

SERIOUS BUYERS WHO ARE LOCAL ARE WELCOME TO LOOK AT THE KIT ON MY CAR AND EVEN TEST DRIVE IT TO ENSURE THE PROPER OPERATION
    I am a member on bimmerforums and started a blog when I decided to supercharge my car.
    eBay does not let me post links, so Google "Decided to get stage 2 RMS supercharger for my OBD2 M3" and click on the first link.

Videos:
    - Car pull with boost readings: Google "Decided to get stage 2 RMS supercharger for my OBD2 M3" and click on the first link then click on the last page (number 8) to view the videos
    - Car idle and the "clunk": Google "Decided to get stage 2 RMS supercharger for my OBD2 M3" and click on the first link then click on the last page (number 8) to view the videos

The package includes:

Mechanical parts:
    - Vortech V2 blower Si trim (Serial number: 22123 - call Vortech to verify if needed). Blower has brand new seals and bearings with around 1000 miles on them.
    - machined aluminum RMS bracket
    - steel RMS tensioner with mechanical tensioner pulley (double bearing setup that works both for 6-ribbed and 8-ribbed belts)
    - NEW 3.12 inch 6-ribbed Vortech supercharger pulley + 3.12 8-ribbed supercharger pulley (used)
    - 5.25 inch 6-ribbed crank pulley (this is the only part that is not a true stage 2, because the stage 2 crank pulley needs to be 6 inches and should be making around 12psi at red line)
    - 6-ribbed belt (around 1000 miles on it, in good working order) + NEW 8-ribbed belt
    - RMS stage 2 air-to-liquid aftercooler
    - RMS stage 2 dual pass heat exchanger (this one is discontinued and is a desirable part due to its high efficiency)
    - Bosch electric pump that circulates coolant between aftercooler and the heat exchanger
    - All NEW hoses that connect heat exchanger and aftercooler
    - Bosch bypass valve (-110 part number to handle more boost)
    - RMS thermoplastic intake tubes and couplings
    - 42 Draft Designs baffled oil catch can and tubing ($130 value, not your cheap eBay stuff)
    - Billet aluminum oil filter cap with connectors for oil cooler and 2 aux openings that can be used either to feed SC or other devices
    - ALL silicone couplings, connectors, brackets, bolts and hardware to mount

Electric parts:
    - Technique Tuning (NickG) Stage 2+ software installed on a DME (I can also provide the instructions on how to align this DME with the EWS of your car so that it works flawlessly)
    - Cruise control relocation harness and bracket
    - BMW 540i MAF (-809 part number that is designed to go with NickG's software)
    - extension ("pigtail") for an appropriate MAF relocation
    - Relay that activates the Bosch coolant pump with the ignition + diagram of how to install it
    - Plug-n-play resistor to imitate secondary throttle body in order for ABS to function

Fuel Delivery:
    - Lucas 42lb fuel injectors, operational and with new filters
    - you will need to get a set of new spark plugs (NGK BKR7E and gap them at 0.028 - the cost for 6 new spark plugs is around $30-$40)

My Cars
    Z3M, Supercharged Miata
    I am assuming this won't fit a 2000 M Roadster? I have supercharged many a car/motorcycle but haven't dove into the differences of these cars enough to figure this quandary out. You would think after two years of ownership I would have looked.